carbon bottom shoes chipping away- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2005

carbon bottom shoes chipping away

hi guys and gals!! first post but have been lurking for some time now. i own a pair of specialized carbon shoes and after my first ride i went to adjust the cleat placement and noticed some chipping in the carbon area of the shoe. this just happened from clipping in and out and walking up a rocky section. what should i do? spacers? should i be worried about the structural integrity of the shoes? darn comfortable shoes and now i am kinda in the mind frame of "what a cheap set of shoes i bought!"
    thanks

Don't be a sheep
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dirty_garage
    hi guys and gals!! first post but have been lurking for some time now. i own a pair of specialized carbon shoes and after my first ride i went to adjust the cleat placement and noticed some chipping in the carbon area of the shoe. this just happened from clipping in and out and walking up a rocky section. what should i do? spacers? should i be worried about the structural integrity of the shoes? darn comfortable shoes and now i am kinda in the mind frame of "what a cheap set of shoes i bought!"
    thanks
    it's just the clear cosmetic outer coating. Your shoes are fine, all carbon shoes do this.
    "Do not touch the trim"

Members who have read this thread: 0