Candy SLs and Sidi Dominator/Action Shoes?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Candy SLs and Sidi Dominator/Action Shoes?

Folks,
    As always I rely on your collective wisdom, even if I rarely post. But I wanted to ask if any
    one is using the above combination of Candy SL pedals and Sidi Dominator shoes (or
    other Sidi shoes with the same sole pattern). I am looking to replace the pedals I currently
    have on my road bike (Time ATAC XS) which are getting old and chipped with something
    sleeker and lighter (yes, you read correctly, I am using mountain shoes and mountain
    pedals on my road bike, but I also on my single speed Bianchi DISS).

So any feedback in terms of fit, clipping in/out and general durability will be greatly
    appreciated.

Kind regards,
    Dimitri

fc
    head minion Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Crown Jewel
    Folks,
    As always I rely on your collective wisdom, even if I rarely post. But I wanted to ask if any
    one is using the above combination of Candy SL pedals and Sidi Dominator shoes (or
    other Sidi shoes with the same sole pattern). I am looking to replace the pedals I currently
    have on my road bike (Time ATAC XS) which are getting old and chipped with something
    sleeker and lighter (yes, you read correctly, I am using mountain shoes and mountain
    pedals on my road bike, but I also on my single speed Bianchi DISS).

So any feedback in terms of fit, clipping in/out and general durability will be greatly
    appreciated.

Kind regards,
    Dimitri
    I have a brand new set of Candy SLs and Sidi Dominators and Sidi Dragons. The dominators click in fine. The dragons, I had to put the cleat shims included with the pedals. With the shims, they click in nicely.

francois

Keep on Rockin...

Good job! Doms + Candies work great.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I can't ride 45!
    I am running eggbeaters on the roadie and candies on the mtb and I wear my sidi dominators on both. I found that I had trouble engaging my new sidis and new candies without the shim. With the shim all works great.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Candy + Dominator

The Dominators I have are older and work fine w/o shims.

The pedals I had before were Time ATAC composites. The ATAC XS is a new pedal. How did yours get old so fast?

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Actually, they are about three years old now (so maybe they are not the XS model).
    But they are the ones with the big plastic platform. So maybe I am interested in the
    Candies for their sleek looks. Nevertheless, given how well the ATACs work with the
    Actions and Dominators, I did not want to take any chances.

Kind regards,
    Dimitri

Members who have read this thread: 0