Can you point me to a good loose fit mtb shirt.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Can you point me to a good loose fit mtb shirt.

I like the functionality of regular bike jerseys but I don't have the build for a tight fitting shirt, if you know what I mean.
    Does anyone make a good hot weather shirt with some bike features like pockets and longer tail?

Sent via mental telepathy.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Have you looked at Troy Lee Designs or Fox? I find that wearing an Under Armor type compression shirt under the long sleeve jersey keeps me cooler than the jersey alone. I ride in 85 degree plus weather with high humidity, and think it's alright. Don't get me wrong, it's still hotter than riding in a T-shirt, but the extra protection gives me confidence to push my riding a little.

-b

banned
    Nov 2011
    Alpinestars, TLD, and Fox all have loose fitting All Mountain type jersey models.

Check em out!

74 & 29 pilot
    AND NOW,... FOR THE BEST MTBing SHIRTS EVER...

Club Ride Apparel

Go West are my faves! They may cost a bit more than most, but SO worth it!!!
    MTBP
    "GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!"
    Turn on the truth: http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/

mtbr member
    Sure the long sleeved Downhill Jerseys by Fox, Alpine Stars, Azonic, etc, hide the belly but if you are riding XC they look stupid. Check out Louis Garneau Clydesdale Jerseys at HucknRoll. Real cycling Jerseys....Short sleeve, full front zip, three rear pockets. However they fit right for bigger guys. Im 6'1" 230 and have always had jersey problems. These are the first I've found that actually look flattering and do what a cycling jersey should do. I was so thrilled with the first one, I bought four more. Color selection is weak though.

mtbr member
    I second the Club Ride, I just started riding in them and am quite happy with them, you can ride in them and then wear them out afterwords and not look out of place .
    2018 Lynskey Ridgeline FS 140
    2015 Colnago MC 27
    2013 Ellsworth Enlightment SS

Bike Shop Employee

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettocop View Post
    Sure the long sleeved Downhill Jerseys by Fox, Alpine Stars, Azonic, etc, hide the belly but if you are riding XC they look stupid. Check out Louis Garneau Clydesdale Jerseys at HucknRoll. Real cycling Jerseys....Short sleeve, full front zip, three rear pockets. However they fit right for bigger guys. Im 6'1" 230 and have always had jersey problems. These are the first I've found that actually look flattering and do what a cycling jersey should do. I was so thrilled with the first one, I bought four more. Color selection is weak though.
    What size do you wear? I'm same height and 221lb so probably same size.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by leesrt View Post
    What size do you wear? I'm same height and 221lb so probably same size.

Double X

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I wear Royal Racing long sleeve shirts, the lighter the color the better.
    agmtb

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    As soon as REI has a big coupon I'm getting a Club Ride. Should've stocked up last winter when the LBS had 25% off sale.

Dave's not here.
    I just buy some cheap polyester shirts from TJ Maxx or Walmart. That way, I am not out $$$ when they get tore up.
    Yo no hablo inglÚs

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I wear UA loose heatgear during the summer. Good stuff. Vents well.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stphnman20 View Post
    I wear UA loose heatgear during the summer. Good stuff. Vents well.
    Yeah, I just got one of their loose fit "coldblack" heatgears in red that is also 30upf. Should work fine. I've tried all the knock off brands but once you start sweating they all start to stink. UAs proprietary fabric combination never does that.

Last edited by leesrt; 08-07-2012 at 10:31 AM.

mtbr member
    The champion brand from target or walmart are some of the nicest shirts for mountain biking ive had, including much more expensive fox and hincapi stuff. They also dont stink like hell (seems to be a common problem with cheap synthetic shirts).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by One Pivot View Post
    The champion brand from target or walmart are some of the nicest shirts for mountain biking ive had, including much more expensive fox and hincapi stuff. They also dont stink like hell (seems to be a common problem with cheap synthetic shirts).
    I'll take a look at those.

mtbr member
    I'm a smaller-medium build (160 5"9) and wear size L/M shirts depending on how they flow.
    I try to buy shirts loose enough to hide my liitle gut pooch without being an obviously over sized shirt. lol
    I also hate tight jersy's that highlight every bump on your chest.
    Therefore I went and tried on a lot of them and found one just right for me:

Bontrager Rythem Tech T-shirt.

I got it in a size M when I usually would have gone for a L, but it's a great fit.
    It takes the sweat right off me and keeps me very cool and doesn't attract the wrong kind of attention.
    I ride in +100F high humidity southern texas.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    When it's hot and sunny I wear a loose fitting, long sleeved, collared, white shirt marketed at fisherman (made by columbia or ex officio-forget which) that I got pretty cheap (~$40) on the interwebs. The sleeves could be longer; but then again it wasn't made for someone on a bike with their arms extended all the time. The fact it doesn't have rear jersey pockets doesn't bother me as I almost always ride with a camelback and the cut is long enough that it doesn't 'ride up' above the waist strap of my camelback.

mtbr member
    I tried the coldblack UA shirt yesterday a d I really like it. Doesn't have any pockets but as a ride shirt with a ufp rating its really good.
    I looked up the Bontrager rythem shirt but they only have off colors available in XL.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Another vote for Club Ride, recently bought the New West, really nice jersey even in 100 degree days.

Members who have read this thread: 8