Can anyone recommend a good pair of XC gloves- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Can anyone recommend a good pair of XC gloves

Can anyone recommend a good pair of XC gloves around $20ish? And would you recommend half-finger or full finger gloves?

Thanks

Jul 2006
    I tried a few gloves until I was introduced to the Specialized Team XC glove. Take a look on there website and look at the body geometry of the glove and you will see why I love it. Specialized Glove Info

It is padded in the right places and just feels very natural and very comfortable.
    Last edited by aka bubba; 10-26-2006 at 08:26 AM.

Have Cake and beat it 2
    I must agree with aka bubba, I used normal gloves but used to get pain and pin and needles in my hands. Then I bought specialized body geometry gloves with the ulnar nerve protective padding. WAAYYY more comfortable and now no pins and needles.
    as for full or half. depends on riding style and preference oh and weather.
    if it freezing cold in winter long gloves are the go. if it is 40 degrees centigrade like here in Aus then half gloves are better. if you want optimum protection then full gloves are again the way to go.

good luck.

ride hard, ride fast, but importantly RIDE FUN.

Jul 2006
    I just use some ordinary Answer Edge motocross gloves. They work fine for me. They may not be as cool as fingerless gloves like those specialized ones, but they're certainly not bad, and definitely cheaper than lots of mtb-specific gloves.

Double-metric mtb man
    I don't know what they run in the US, but I like my Troy Lee Designs XC gloves...full finger, a little padding on the palms, breathe well, little grippy things in the brake finger tips, fit "like a glove."

Of course, gloves are an individual preference.
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me

mtbr member
    I wear the Fox Digit full finger gloves and love them. They don't have the gel padding in the palms like Specialized does but I haven't had a problem with comfort. After taking a few nasty spills, I won't go back to fingerless.

Apr 2006

Specialized BG Ridge Full Glove

Had the same prob with numbing hands until I got a pair of the BG Ridge Full finger gloves. They're padded in the right areas, are light and breathe so hands don't get clammy, and offer enough protection when going thru brush.

Members who have read this thread: 0