• 03-29-2007
    alex923
    can anyone recommend a good pair of biking gloves?
    I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good pair of biking gloves that will be used mostly for freeride and dj'ing. My price range is around $20-$50 canadian.

Thanks
  • 03-29-2007
    sandyP1
    i like my 661 Comp. they're like $20 american. they're kinda itchy at first, but it goes away after a few rides. they grip really well, and are breathable like no other.
  • 03-29-2007
    Vinny A
    661 Raji gloves are SICK, so are the 661 Nytrates. I have both and use them all the time, the Raji is the best light weight glove ever IMO. Its cool, thin, but tough at the same time. They have saved my palms every time. The Nytrates are heavier gloves but they offer more protection, especially around the knuckles. They are both very good, get the Nytrates if you need protection or the Raji's if you need something just to save your hands from getting torn up.
  • 03-29-2007
    ebfreerider510
    rogue mtb flow gloves, sickest ever. i love mine.
  • 03-29-2007
    mack-a-nator
    i have some fox digits. they've been holdin up for about 2 years now and are really comfortable, highly recommended
  • 03-29-2007
    snaky69
    I have a pair of mace gloves for warm days, and my Nemesis Project first of furies for right now, because it's cold.
  • 03-29-2007
    aggiebiker
    i dont wear gloves but the shadows look good.

oh and btw, calluses are cheaper then gloves.
  • 03-29-2007
    mack-a-nator
    i have calluses, i only wear gloves for things other then street and i ride street everyday. it jus helps out when your hands start to get sweaty.
  • 03-29-2007
    SamL3227
    i use fox digits. they work great. lots o leather on ur palms. but when i urban i use my spec FORTRESSES cuz they feel great, i dont rip them up cuz i dont fall on my hands. and they handle distputes quite quickely when they happen, which luckly has only been once.

but digits are sweet
  • 03-30-2007
    Cru Jones
    Rogue
  • 03-31-2007
    jimage
    1 Attachment(s)
    661 decent they have realy good air vents to stop your hand getting sweaty
  • 03-31-2007
    ErvSpanks
    661 Garcias
    The 661 Garcias are sweet. A bit overkill with the carbon fiber over the nuckels but comfortable. As an added bonus you have carbon fiber nuckles ready to go if you need to throw down! YO!
  • 04-01-2007
    frisky_zissou
    1 Attachment(s)
    i dont find I need major protection on my gloves like the 661 garcias just mentioned so I go for comfortable gloves that let the air circulate well. At the moment I use Fox Sidewinders
  • 02-04-2008
    _Journey_to_
  • 02-04-2008
    minus9
    You really need to check them out at you local shop to make sure that they fit well. Some are more padded, some are more protected/armored, some are more breathable.

No matter how good they look in a catalog, they may wind up feeling like this on you:

• 02-04-2008
    paintballeerXC
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ebfreerider510
    rogue mtb flow gloves, sickest ever. i love mine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cru Jones
    Rogue

end of story
  • 02-04-2008
    BWVDubya
    Quote:

Originally Posted by _Journey_to_

I have the ones on the top and love them. They work excellent and are very comfortable
  • 02-04-2008
    NoBrakes!
    I hade a pair of fox gloves of somekind. Very breathable not alot of padding at all.
    My next pair (the ones i am currently rocking now) are a compleat one eighty from the others. I got the fox bombers. I know they are compleat overkill but i like how they go a bit past your wrists and they srsly make you feel incontrole. I like them
  • 02-06-2008
    aznguy
    i got a pair of sidewinders and the fox ones ^^ and for some reason the stitching has come apart on the edge of the palm and i dont take too many spills after about a month and a half. i reckon i'll try a couple of unit gloves next- apparently their pretty tough.
  • 02-06-2008
    dpspac3
    come on, you really can't figure that out?
  • 02-06-2008
    jtotheostotheh
    I like Pryme's gloves

http://www.prymegear.com/gloves/
  • 02-06-2008
    bbrz4
    661 comp i think there called
  • 02-06-2008
    Formerbmx37
    i got a pair or $60 alpinestar motorcyce gloves on a huge clearance for $5 at cyclegear
    overkill but there the best gloves ive ever had