Camelbak Warranty what y'all think? Any easier to work with companies?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Camelbak Warranty what y'all think? Any easier to work with companies?

Man I had my first Camelbak (Mule!!!) from 2006-2016. Thing was incredible. So good that when it finally had enough, I bought another Camelbak. Skyline 10 LR. Love the concept.

Within a month, support between shoulder straps starts fraying. No big deal, let it slide....Now, less than a year in, the main seam starts failing at the base of the pack. Yikes! This is a fatal flaw IMO. No 2 ways around it.

Camelbak won't give me anything but a blanket form response about warranty. Physically send it in or we're silent. You kidding me?

Anyone have experience with their warranty program? Are they sticklers? Are there other companies out there who will at least work with you over photos and the web? Hate to burn $20 in shipping and presumably a couple weeks without a pack just to roll the dice and see if they'll warranty it or not.

since 4/10/2009
    No experience with Camelbak's warranty. I had up until recently a couple of MULEs from around 04-ish.

But you remind me that I need to send my Osprey pack in. I hear reports that their service is pretty stellar.

https://www.osprey.com/us/en/custome...service-center

I have a seam blowing out. I was using my Talon 22 for mtb, but it wasn't my favorite for the use. It's not a structural seam, but I like the pack and want to keep it around as a day pack.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    No experience with Camelbak's warranty. I had up until recently a couple of MULEs from around 04-ish.

But you remind me that I need to send my Osprey pack in. I hear reports that their service is pretty stellar.

https://www.osprey.com/us/en/custome...service-center

I have a seam blowing out. I was using my Talon 22 for mtb, but it wasn't my favorite for the use. It's not a structural seam, but I like the pack and want to keep it around as a day pack.
    Ya I have heard the same about Osprey. Buddies rave about the company and the products. Considering them fo sho.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Osprey. Stellar service.
    Just like a raindrop, I was born to fall.

mtbr member
    I can attest to Osprey service. A few years back while on a trip I was in a hurry and didn't pack things well in the back cargo area. Closed the tailgate and heard a crack. One of the sewn in hip belt clasps broke on my Manta 25 and I use this pack whenever we hike or long bike touring. Anyway I called Osprey and they said no problem, even if i said my dog shredded the pack it would be covered. The pack was a few years old and worn already but I love the thing. So they sent me an email with a shipping label. We stopped at a FedEx drop-off site and printed the label, then stuffed my dirty pack in a box. I put the return address of the place we would be staying in WNC and hoped for the best. We had a 2 day drive, then our first day there the pack showed up, the belt was fixed, pack was washed, and a few wear points had been repaired. They even threw in a short section of webbing with clasps on it which could be used in a pinch temporarily if it happened again. I did have to pay I think $25 for the overnight shipping to and from but standard shipping is just the cost to Osprey I believe (maybe they cover it) if you're in no hurry. Still have the pack and use it all the time.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Yep this is all good stuff. Looking at the Talon 6. Still interested if anyone has exp with CamelBak and their warranty process....

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Around 9 years ago I had a good experience. As I was getting into the car one day, the belt buckle got caught in the door as I closed it. This caused it to break into several pieces.
    So I called up their support line asking where I could buy a new belt. I was clear that it was own dumb fault for it breaking. But the support rep simply asked for my address and mailed me a new one, completely free.

So I had a good experience, but that was years ago. My 15 year old HAWG hasn't died yet. When it does I was planning on replacing it with another Camelbak, partially because of that experience. But I would be disappointed to hear if their support isn't as good as it was in the past.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    LOL. CamelBak just lost a customer. That picture of my pack with the main seam blowing out? Their response:

"Unfortunately, the issue you are bringing to our attention is the result of the natural breakdown of the materials by normal wear and tear as well as improper care.*"

Natural breakdown after several months? A joke. I wanted to love you CB!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Well, ok. Perhaps eating my words a bit here but in light of full disclosure, CamelBak ended up sending a replacement pack after all.

I wasn't willing to take the 40% discount on a new pack (was going to switch brands) so I asked for my old pack back - I have a buddy who is handy with sewing and likely could get it back together. Out of nowhere I get a response that hey we'll send you a new one this time, what color do you want.

Short story is they're doing me right, even if it seems they tried to get me to buy a new one at 40% discount before they relented.

That all being said I had already purchased an Osprey Talon 6 and am loving it. But this replacement should be great for big days.

high pivot witchcraft
    Op - did you ever wash your pack in a washing machine?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrmike View Post
    Op - did you ever wash your pack in a washing machine?
    Negative.....