Camelbak Skyline vs Repack- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2016

Camelbak Skyline vs Repack

Looking for some real life comparison. I can get either pack for about the same price. I don't think I need the extra storage the skyline offers but am concerned with the mixed reviews on the Repack. Really considering the repack because I like the idea of not having a sweaty back and more maneuverability.

high pivot witchcraft
    I have the Volt (predecessor to the Skyline) and the Skyline. I have reviewed both in this sub forum more than once. My daughter has the Solstice. Not sure about the Repack, although I don't like hip packs. What I CAN say is that the Volt, Skyline and Solstice are all winners. I can hardly tell I am wearing a pack. The only downside is that the are SO effective in negating the water weight, I am 100% unable to tell how much water is left in the bladder at any given time.

Get ready for the Osprey lovers. They will be coming in hordes soon...

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrmike View Post
    I have the Volt (predecessor to the Skyline) and the Skyline. I have reviewed both in this sub forum more than once. My daughter has the Solstice. Not sure about the Repack, although I don't like hip packs. What I CAN say is that the Volt, Skyline and Solstice are all winners. I can hardly tell I am wearing a pack. The only downside is that the are SO effective in negating the water weight, I am 100% unable to tell how much water is left in the bladder at any given time.

Get ready for the Osprey lovers. They will be coming in hordes soon...
    Thank you, I do like Osprey but cant find them on sale.

Have you ever used a hydration hip pack? I am curious to how bouncy and how annoying that would be when tackling tough terrain.

mtbr member
    I have a Dakine Hotlaps 5L lumbar pack that I use for rides under about 2 hours that I think works very well. It will move up and down a little on rough descents - just as a pack will - but it doesn't bother me. It is quite a bit more comfortable than a full backpack, though I do have a larger Osprey Syncro 15 (which is held away from my back by mesh) that is good for longer rides or for use in Moab where I need all the water I can carry.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I have a Flash Flo and a Palos, the Repack kind of looks like a combination of the two. The ff is terrible, if the bladder is more than half full of all roll. The Palos has a supportive waist band and doesn't roll. As with all hip hydration packs you have to tighten it as you drink or it will bounce, but when snug on the Palos it doesn't bounce any more than a back pack style hydration pack. The Repack looks like it uses the same style straps as the Palos.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Thank you, I am really leaning toward the Repack. I like of the idea of fanny pack, never thought I would say that....

high pivot witchcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by RiderofPA View Post
    Thank you, I am really leaning toward the Repack. I like of the idea of fanny pack, never thought I would say that....
    Please keep us posted. Maybe I should give the whole hip pack thing a chance.

EDIT: just spent some time reading a whack of online reviews on the Repack. I am going to pick one up. On top of everything else, it seems very reasonably priced. Might be a good add to the stable of packs.
    Last edited by mtnbkrmike; 03-22-2018 at 08:18 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    I just ordered the Repack. EMS has 20% off and got another 10% from active junky!

high pivot witchcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by RiderofPA View Post
    I just ordered the Repack. EMS has 20% off and got another 10% from active junky!
    How much did you pay? The Repack is at my LBS...for $115 CDN

Please report back with your thoughts once you have had an opportunity to use it.