Buying shoes- Mtbr.com

Thread: Buying shoes

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Buying shoes

G'day guys - my first post here and it is going to be extremely mundane.

I'm only just getting back into mountain biking and I am currently shopping for shoes - Darwin not exactly being a MTB mecca I have been extremely limited in range and as a result I have found a bargain online. My only query is in regards to the 661 shoe sizing.

At present I am 'borrowing' a pair of Lakes from a mate to get used to this whole clipless lark in size 44.5 that I find just a touch too tight - if I get a pair of 661 Experts in 45 would you think I should be right? I did a quick fly by of my other shoes (running shoes, boots, casuals etc) and all were in the 44 to 45 mark. Or are 661 shoes slightly smaller sized and I should look at a 46?

Any replies- even as to comments regarding the 661 Experts would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Jan 2004
    Ya really should try them on if possible as even within the same brand two of the same size/model shoe can be slightly different and when you're talking different brands they rarely (of the same size) fit the same.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Unfortunately, where I live there is three bike shops and they primarily deal with roadie equipment.

I completely agree with you about trying them on and it is definately the prefered option- however, I'm just kind of trying to make the most of a bad situation (I can also return the shoes if they are the wrong size - it is just a dick around!).

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by MILD
    Unfortunately, where I live there is three bike shops and they primarily deal with roadie equipment.

I completely agree with you about trying them on and it is definately the prefered option- however, I'm just kind of trying to make the most of a bad situation (I can also return the shoes if they are the wrong size - it is just a dick around!).
    The sixsixone Expert MTB shoes got good reviews and for $50 are a good price. They probably are not the best choice for someone with a wide foot.

http://www.sixsixone.com/catalog.asp...024219&pl=BIKE

Members who have read this thread: 0