buying armor. need some last minute fit help.- Mtbr.com
    I wanna talk to Samson!

buying armor. need some last minute fit help.

sorry for the lame thread, but i need some help. ordering an 04 661 pressure suit, but im not sure if i should get a large or medium. ive heard 661 sizing is a little weird, so i dont know what.
    im 5'11 145 lbs with a 33 inch waist.
    im leaning towards the medium, but if youve had experience with this armour, please help steer me in the right direction.

thanks
    JackNugz

Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

I wanna talk to Samson!
    Quote Originally Posted by konabiker
    sorry for the lame thread, but i need some help. ordering an 04 661 pressure suit, but im not sure if i should get a large or medium. ive heard 661 sizing is a little weird, so i dont know what.
    im leaning towards the medium, but if youve had experience with this armour, please help steer me in the right direction.

thanks
    anyone? i gotta order soon.
    JackNugz

no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

mtbr member
    I would go with the medium. My cuz has the same build as you it seems and a medium was good for him.
    signature

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    i'm 5 foot 1 and i have a small. seems a little bit big though. maybe this helps...

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I'm 5' 7" 130lbs and I got a medium. It seems a tad bit big, but a small would probably be to small. Hope it helps.

I wanna talk to Samson!
    i ordered a medium. did some more searching on here and found out tony(COmtbker12) got a large, and he is substancially bigger than me.

also got a troy lee jersey
    spring shorts
    and troy lee gloves

some much needed equpiment
    JackNugz

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    i ordered a medium. did some more searching on here and found out tony(COmtbker12) got a large, and he is substancially bigger than me.

also got a troy lee jersey
    spring shorts
    and troy lee gloves

some much needed equpiment
    hey, good call on the medium, I apologize to not getting to this thread sooner.
    I am about 5'9"-5'10"ish, 142 pounds as of yesterday, and 32 waist and my medium feels really good

I wanna talk to Samson!
    Quote Originally Posted by DanD
    hey, good call on the medium, I apologize to not getting to this thread sooner.
    I am about 5'9"-5'10"ish, 142 pounds as of yesterday, and 32 waist and my medium feels really good
    sweet. thanks a lot.

i wish my parents had a better understanding of how i need armour. with all my injuries that could have been prevented with upper body protection, im surprised they didnt make me get some earlier....
    JackNugz

Feb 2004
    i wish my parents had a better understanding of how i need armour. with all my injuries that could have been prevented with upper body protection, im surprised they didnt make me get some earlier....
    I wish my parents still bought my gear...

I wanna talk to Samson!
    Quote Originally Posted by irieness
    I wish my parents still bought my gear...
    i do too.......

i payed for 80% of my stuff. mom threw in some cash towards the suit, because she was making me buy it.

i also payed for about 75% of my bike, and for all of my upgrades/up keep.

i dont do bad.
    JackNugz

Sep 2004

thanks
    Use medium, I 6'1, 170lb and 37'' ches waist - I use large, its very good and feel like the stitch in on me.

Jun 2004
    Its actually great knowing every person on this board is not 6'3" and 230, 215, 250, 275! even.

About 5'9" maby 10" and arround 155....160.....

Xtremely Moderate
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramatica
    Its actually great knowing every person on this board is not 6'3" and 230, 215, 250, 275! even.

Speak for yourself shrimp.
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by e<i>o
    Speak for yourself shrimp.
    Glad your supporting of getting my shins chopped off at a young age.

I like being smaller....makes my shoulders look wide. :athetic attempt to justify myself::

Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramatica

i'm almost exactly the same size as you. i weigh maybe 5 pounds more.

i also have an 04 pressure suit, medium, and it fits me just fine. it gets pretty hot when you're riding hard and it's over 65 degrees, but it's saved my a$$ once already, and i've only had it a few weeks.

Feb 2004
    i do too.......

i payed for 80% of my stuff. mom threw in some cash towards the suit, because she was making me buy it.

i also payed for about 75% of my bike, and for all of my upgrades/up keep.

i dont do bad.
    I guess I assumed you didn't pay cuz you said your parents were making you, so I assumed you were a younger kid...I guess I still don't know....Once I started paying for stuff, my parents couldn't tell me what to do anymore...that's what I get for assuming though..

I wanna talk to Samson!
    I guess I assumed you didn't pay cuz you said your parents were making you, so I assumed you were a younger kid...I guess I still don't know....Once I started paying for stuff, my parents couldn't tell me what to do anymore...that's what I get for assuming though..
    yeah, after a while my mom said i couldnt race unless i got some. it was either dont race, or fork over the cash for the suit. im 14, with no job. saving up for stuff takes a long time, but i do really good considering.
    JackNugz

Feb 2004
    yeah, after a while my mom said i couldnt race unless i got some. it was either dont race, or fork over the cash for the suit. im 14, with no job. saving up for stuff takes a long time, but i do really good considering.
    I can't imagine paying for all that with no job...nice work...maybe you should try and convince your parents that riding/racing is a substitute for a school sport and that they should foot the bill...they'd buy you stuff for bball or football wouldn't they?? But I guess riding is a lot more expensive than those would be...might work though...

mtbr member
    gearing up before the race?
    AJ

I wanna talk to Samson!
    Quote Originally Posted by zjchaser
    gearing up before the race?
    you bet!

side note: just went for my first ride after pulling muscle in my back, things dont look to good. im still gonna race no matter what though.
    JackNugz

I wanna talk to Samson!
    I can't imagine paying for all that with no job...nice work...maybe you should try and convince your parents that riding/racing is a substitute for a school sport and that they should foot the bill...they'd buy you stuff for bball or football wouldn't they?? But I guess riding is a lot more expensive than those would be...might work though...
    yeah try telling them that. i dont really have any intrest in sports anymore. everything got to old to fast. my dad is a big soccer fan, and as ive told him many times if i was playing soccer he would be fronting my bills for me, they just dont wanna admit it. next year i might be doing biking for independent pe, so that should be cool.

maybe i should start selling drugs...(like you )
    JackNugz