Bucket Helmet for FR

Printable View

• 04-21-2010
    Chumba15
    Bucket Helmet for FR
    Now that i'm getting better at riding I don't really crash anymore and when I do they are not the major crashes I used to have. In the summer time it's just almost too hot to wear my full face and am wanting to get a good bucket helmet. Help me out guys
  • 04-21-2010
    b-kul
    poc receptor bug. /thread
  • 04-21-2010
    one incredible donkey
    Just wear a bikini like the chick in your avatar and it'll keep you cool.
  • 04-21-2010
    SamL3227
    snap!
  • 04-21-2010
    Uncle Six Pack
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Chumba15
    Now that i'm getting better at riding I don't really crash anymore and when I do they are not the major crashes I used to have.

Good grief, man! It is taboo to say something like that. You should spend this season riding in a suit of armor now.
  • 04-21-2010
    SamL3227
    well i will say something for learning how/when to bail.

but its your face not mine.
  • 04-21-2010
    Uncle Cliffy
    I don't think I'm going to do the bucket thing for burly riding any more... Too many serious injurys in my neck of the woods.

If you must go piss-pot, I really like the Fox Transition. Super light and breathes well.
  • 04-21-2010
    SamL3227
    i have a fox flux or whatever their xc lid is and its tits.

ive seen the other one he speaky of and it looks tists too.

or get a bern
  • 04-21-2010
    yakmastermax
    Transition is awesome light and can be had for 20 dollars on chainlove. Good camo graphics too.

personal experience, its not burly enough though. I took a crash with one off of a tiny 6 foot double and got a concussion.

Most people judge helmets by looks, vents, and weight. I feel saftey standards have taken a backseat. Maybe 1 in 5 descriptions for helmets on websites tells you what standards the helmet meets.

I wore the poc lid once and it had a much more solid feel than my transition. Heavier though.
  • 04-21-2010
    frorider
    Quote:

Originally Posted by b-kul
    poc receptor bug. /thread

nope. receptor bug is the ski helmet, and even for skiing it's too hot for me.

the receptor flow, OTOH, vents reasonably well, and i plan to use it for certain bike rides this summer.
  • 04-21-2010
    blkss
    stick with the full face! you WILL regret not wearing it the one time you crash and wish you had it on.
  • 04-22-2010
    Iceman2058
    Defo stick with the FF for most aggressive riding. If you need/want a pisspot for lighter days, you need to try them on, and not rely on whatever peeps here are going to suggest. I find that it is harder to fit a pisspot than a FF...they feel really weird on the head if the shape doesn't fit reasonably well. This may mean having to *gasp* buy the one that is not the most fashionable. :eekster:

With all that said, I like my Bell Faction. Comfy (for me), and the shell is quite thick, which is somewhat confidence-inspiring.