Broken Sidi shoes, can I fix them?- Mtbr.com
    try driving your car less

Broken Sidi shoes, can I fix them?

I was installing new cleats on my SIDI Dominitor 2 shoes. The threaded part that recieves the bolt in the shoe broke, it was very old and rusty. How do I replace that part? I cannot see how to remove the insole, beyond the little flimsy thin one that came with the shoes.

I am hesitant to start tearing apart the shoe. While they are old, they are comfy and expensive to replace.

I tried search with no luck.

Cheers!

Caca pasa
    Nov 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jh_on_the_cape
    I was installing new cleats on my SIDI Dominitor 2 shoes. The threaded part that recieves the bolt in the shoe broke, it was very old and rusty. How do I replace that part? I cannot see how to remove the insole, beyond the little flimsy thin one that came with the shoes.

I am hesitant to start tearing apart the shoe. While they are old, they are comfy and expensive to replace.

I tried search with no luck.

Cheers!
    Tear apart the sole- what have you got to lose? Just pull up that liner & the hole will be exposed. You may have to glue it back down. Or get replacement Dr. Scholl's inserts.

You'll have to find a couple of new receptor thingies at your LBS, or maybe a friend has a couple laying about? I know I do- if you have problems finding them, PM me & I'll send you a couple. You'll probably want to replace the screws with unrusty ones, too. They come in different lengths. Take one along so you don't get a screw that sticks up into your foot. No, I've never had that happen to me, why?

fp
    "합니다 행사에서 디비 판매 합니다 관련해" Lesleybien

Hogan Lake blog. A section of Hogan Lake trails here.

try driving your car less
    OK. I have the feeling I will go to the LBS. I was hesitant, because if the shoe is toast, I am buying new ones online for 50% of retail. the lbs takes offense at that...

Feb 2009
    My old Sidi's (dominator eagles?) Had a slit in the inside foot bed to access the hardware you are talking about. Over time it has sort of glued itself down making it hard to tell it is there. I am not familiar with the newer shoes ( if they have this feature). You could try a razor blade to cut three sides of a rectangle to give yourself a access flap like my old ones.

Members who have read this thread: 0