Bootleg helmet cam vid- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Bootleg helmet cam vid

Heres a vid from Bootleg (in Boulder City, NV). Some helmet cam action.

http://media.putfile.com/bootleg-

Nick

pin it to win it
    Nov 2005
    sweet vid i really like the trail. wat kind of bike was the guy that was always in front ridin. the white one

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbames190
    ..... wat kind of bike was the guy that was always in front ridin. the white one
    Evil Imperial?

Jul 2005
    bootleg looks awesome, nice long vid

pin it to win it
    Nov 2005
    but it looked like a dh bike not a hard tail

TNC
    noMAD man

Dudn't do it justice.

Quote Originally Posted by ncg53
    Heres a vid from Bootleg (in Boulder City, NV). Some helmet cam action.

http://media.putfile.com/bootleg-

Nick
    That's a great vid, but like most pics and vids, it doesn't show how off camber, loose, and steep some of that stuff is. There's some really gnarly exposure in some of those places too. That's a great place to have the I-Bike Demo Days. I thought I was in heaven...two days of free shuttle runs on all the bikes you'd want to ride in a great place like Bootleg. Cool place...and that's just a tiny bit of it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Thanks for the input guys, yeah the vids dont give the terrain justice..

The guy in front of me is riding a nicolai.(the white bike)

Nick

mtbr member
    is it only me, or do they seem slow?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    We werent going top speed- none of us had bothered putting our body armor on even.. and just cruised along for video... we werent going SLOW though... before you say another word you need to ride Ona Lee then you will know why it looks like we are going slow... heh

RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman
    We werent going top speed- none of us had bothered putting our body armor on even.. and just cruised along for video... we werent going SLOW though... before you say another word you need to ride Ona Lee then you will know why it looks like we are going slow... heh
    looks like the right speed to me. falling off those cliffs looked like a very real, and painful possibility.

Feb 2004

cool vid...

I understand that's like trying to make a video of goin down Sitck's and Stones and having people ask you why you weren't going 30 +... my only word of advice when it comes to DH videos...Hardcore music for the editing...I tried turning down the video and having hardcore goin on from my pc...works beautifully with downhilling...

Kill that $hit!
    Man I miss that place.... Great vid....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PblcNme
    is it only me, or do they seem slow?
    it looks like they were just chillin, but not slow. You can tell they were holding back. What a trail though. Footage does not do justice to some of those sections. Very nice stuff.

GOD SPEED # 58 # 69 RIP
    nice video, what camera did you use, any footage from Ginger?

Just another FOCer

Good job!

Sweet video.

The ride looked challenging and fun.

I dug the relaxed music with the pace off the riders.
    "I hope your gravity droppers all seize up....BASTIDS." - Aquaholic

NLZ
    The Path Bike Shop
    Winston presents - Socal Videos

ride hard take risks
    That was really cool, thanx. The shots near the end between the walls is awsome!

Specialized Rida
    I did bootleg about a month ago and shot some video.
    I looked at it on my computer and it was about the same speed and almost looked like an easy trail from watching it.
    I do remember going that speed for a particular reason and that was becuase I did not want to do anything stupid and fall off to one side on top of some of those rocks. Even WITH body armor.

I do know that bootleg can be a lot more technical than any picture or video makes it seem.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Hardcore music for the editing...I tried turning down the video and having hardcore goin on from my pc...works beautifully with downhilling...
    I agree sometimes hardcore music can make it seem faster or more hardcore, but its all personal preference. Im not one for hardcore music unless the footage REALLY suits it... Our pace was not that fast, thats why I chose some somewhat fast, but relaxed songs.

I do know that bootleg can be a lot more technical than any picture or video makes it seem.
    Yep, I think that pretty much goes for most any biking vid/pics..

That trail isnt the most technical stuff, but ona lee is defanitely a trail you cant go very fast on, very tight and rocky, with a lot of exposure.(it was also our first time on it, so we had no idea what was coming) Next time I go I plan to get more footage of some of the faster trails(reaper). There will be more video's eventually, this was kind of a trial run- I actually used my Casio EX-Z750 digital camera(takes good video too) flipped upside down and bolted to the visor of my full face. I also ran the footage through virtual dub with a video stabilizer plug-in to smooth the video out a bit.. so that did take some of the effect of it being technical away, but it also makes it watchable(you get dizzy with it bouncing around without it stabilized)
    Thanks for all the input guys-
    Nick

TNC
    noMAD man

Stabilized video.

I agree sometimes hardcore music can make it seem faster or more hardcore, but its all personal preference. Im not one for hardcore music unless the footage REALLY suits it... Our pace was not that fast, thats why I chose some somewhat fast, but relaxed songs.

Yep, I think that pretty much goes for most any biking vid/pics..

That trail isnt the most technical stuff, but ona lee is defanitely a trail you cant go very fast on, very tight and rocky, with a lot of exposure.(it was also our first time on it, so we had no idea what was coming) Next time I go I plan to get more footage of some of the faster trails(reaper). There will be more video's eventually, this was kind of a trial run- I actually used my Casio EX-Z750 digital camera(takes good video too) flipped upside down and bolted to the visor of my full face. I also ran the footage through virtual dub with a video stabilizer plug-in to smooth the video out a bit.. so that did take some of the effect of it being technical away, but it also makes it watchable(you get dizzy with it bouncing around without it stabilized)
    Thanks for all the input guys-
    Nick
    I think that was one of the best things you did in that footage. It was so watchable, and you could keep up with the terrain a lot more. I hate those herky-jerky vids. Good job.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbames190
    sweet vid i really like the trail. wat kind of bike was the guy that was always in front ridin. the white one
    It's a Nicolai.

Glad to Be Alive
    nice vid........oh and Ginger brings up bad memories
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    ut oh, what happened on ginger..?
    Nick

mtbr member
    May 2004
    MY TRAILS!!!! I was riding the same exact trail an hour ago!!!!! Mad props!!

I was riding with a guy a couple weeks ago who broke his shoulder on the drop right at 4 minutes 15 seconds. He rolled it too slow, and went way over the bars and planted his shoulder right on a rock. He had to hike the rest of the way down cause he couldn't move his arm. No good.

BTW, the Fox Racing Shox Team (Yeti team [Graves and Houseman] & some Morewood riders) is there testing some new Fox DH fork....hmmmmm.

mtbr member

Reminds me of Downieville or Rockville.

That off camber on the edge of the cliff stiz scares me! Especially after seeing the video of an XC guy that fell down a cliff.

I prefer my trails to fast and flowy.

Sweet vid still.
    But even a lousy downhill run is better than a day in the office!
    "SunnyRaceGirl"

www.specialized.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by twouareks
    MY TRAILS!!!! I was riding the same exact trail an hour ago!!!!! Mad props!!

I was riding with a guy a couple weeks ago who broke his shoulder on the drop right at 4 minutes 15 seconds. He rolled it too slow, and went way over the bars and planted his shoulder right on a rock. He had to hike the rest of the way down cause he couldn't move his arm. No good.

BTW, the Fox Racing Shox Team (Yeti team [Graves and Houseman] & some Morewood riders) is there testing some new Fox DH fork....hmmmmm.

Ouch, that doesnt sound fun, yah thats not a roller id want to eat it on.. theres not a whole lot of smooth landing zone after it.. no matter where u fall your gonna get tore up.

Yeah I saw those guys up there this past weekend(not when this footage was taken) I was up there for the weekend and only got to do ONE run.. shuttle broke on saturday before I got there.. and everyone shuttling themselves were full... sunday I had no luck with getting a lift up again.. so I ended up having my bro drive me up in my pontiac sunbird.. ughhh that was not fun. It'd be really good if someone donated like a couple mill so they could install a chair lift .. naw actually the shuttle situation there is fine, but they def need a new truck, or atleast to realllyy have that thing fixed.. seems like that green truck acts up every time were up there.
    Nick

Feb 2004
    thats one sick trail.

I $uck, but MY BIKE Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by pvflyer
    nice video, what camera did you use, any footage from Ginger?
    Come on, help a brutha out... what type of camera/helmet cam did you use?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

already awnsered

There will be more video's eventually, this was kind of a trial run- I actually used my Casio EX-Z750 digital camera(takes good video too) flipped upside down and bolted to the visor of my full face. I also ran the footage through virtual dub with a video stabilizer plug-in to smooth the video out a bit.. so that did take some of the effect of it being technical away, but it also makes it watchable(you get dizzy with it bouncing around without it stabilized)
    yeah..

Sep 2005
    how big is the ginger drop?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

drop

You talking about the bender drop..? ehh.. its not very big, maybe like 3-4 feet.. depends on where you land.. the smallest you can drop it is probly like 2-3 feet.. or you can overshoot the hell out of it like the stories ive heard about bender overshooting it(hence the name) to flat and just completely exploding.(i dont know if thats true or not..) its really nothing much.
    Nick

HJB

Apr 2004
    Sweet vid! Too bad it cant be downloaded from Put file.

Members who have read this thread: 0