Bontrager clothing- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Bontrager clothing

Anyone own anything from them? I'm specifically looking at the Rhythm Comp short sleeve jersey and Rhythm shorts with liner. I haven't gone to my Trek store as it's in another city so I was just wondering about opinions before making the trip there.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I thought about picking up a comp short sleeve jersey, but it doesn't have pockets on the back. This is a deal breaker for me.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I have race and race lite shorts and they are the best shorts I have ever ridden. The pad is amazing and better that shorts that cost much more. Jerseys are also excellent although I cannot comment on the clothes you have listed.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Hmm. I know a lot of people use Fox clothing but I like the idea of just sticking with Bontrager stuff as much as possible. Right now I just bike in shorts and a t-shirt so I want to get something more along the lines of mountain biking gear while not spending a lot.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    definitely get some riding shorts, it's a lot more fun with a good pair under you.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I have a pair of the shorts and love them. I got a pretty good deal on them from my lbs because I got them at the same time I bought my bike, but now that I have them, I would have definitely paid more. If you arent in a rush, keep your eyes on this site www.chainlove.com I've gotten some pretty sweet stuff off there, you just gotta keep checking what they have up.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Yea I'll definitely be getting proper gear prior to hitting a trail. Right now I'm just going down bike trails or the road to get in shape, but once I go on a proper trail I'll want the proper gear. I'll keep that site in mind. Thanks

Alaskan in exile.

no pockets could be good...

Quote Originally Posted by mightymouse
    I thought about picking up a comp short sleeve jersey, but it doesn't have pockets on the back. This is a deal breaker for me.
    That makes me more inclined to get the jersey. I am almost always riding wearing a hydration pack, so pockets on the back are superfluous. I would prefer no stitching, seams, or extraneous material between me and the pack.
    nanook93
    Ride what you like, like what you ride.

MattSavage
    I bought the TWR kit and RL shoes... The jersey and bibs are amazing! Great product. The RL shoes are good, the Esoles is a little gimicky and uncomfortable. The shoes are very large volume. Be prepared to shim them with a sockliner or something.

Whatever the garment you get, I think you'll be pleased with the quality.
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

Members who have read this thread: 0