Body armor and fork bumper questions- Mtbr.com
    In FTF We Trust

Body armor and fork bumper questions

OK, two questions: has anybody actually used/tried on/seen the new 661 Pressure Suit Pro, and where the h*ll can I find some decent fork bumpers for my Dorado? The reason I ask about the PS Pro is because Beyond Bikes has a pretty good price on them plus a sale this weekend. Finally, I've been looking for some decent looking fork bumpers, but all I get at the bike shops is "get some radiator hose" or "cut up a tire" and that's a bit more ghetto than I want to go. My LBS is being a pain in the ass and won't get some for me so any mail order recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks, Chad.
    "I'll disintegrate over time if I expect my body to try to keep up with my mind" -BM

Race, Rocks or Road...Just Ride

Glad to Be Alive
    get the Azonic Z-6 and thank me later with a 6 pack of becks

sorry, but use an old tire or radiator hose
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Hella Olde
    There is a great little company that makes them, has a site and takes Paypal...I've used the 4-5 times....damn its a 3-letter acronym...escapes me right now.....sorry...If I remember I will post.

Apr 2005
    use a tube... you can do it pretty cleanly by rapping it around, several times and using a ziptie, or by folding it over itself several times and using zipties. using your own touch on your bike looks way cooler than a part with a name. you can think of something that will still be dope.

ouch
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS

Used to be sponsored by Becks, but that was a diff sport alltogether.

In FTF We Trust
    OK, thanks for the suggestions, problems solved. I got a sweet deal on a Dainese jacket from Spomer at Decline Mag and confabulated some fork bumpers out of a tire. The bumpers turned out miles better than I thought they would, I'll post some pics up Monday, I left the camera at the office. Sorry Bobbo, no Becks prize, but if you pass through Montana again look me up and I'll treat you to some Moose Drool .
    "I'll disintegrate over time if I expect my body to try to keep up with my mind" -BM

Race, Rocks or Road...Just Ride

Old No. 7
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS

I actually got the Z-6 armor today, took it to TW, and used it well. My front wheel tucked under me first run and went over the bars, landed on my hands and rolled over to my back and slid right over a rock garden, NO BLOOD. but I did F my thumb up pretty bad.
    Buy yes, Z-6 is pretty nice, fits well, and was only $135. It already gets my full backing.
    06 888 RC2X FOR SALE! PM FOR DETAILS

...the mustache has spoken

Members who have read this thread: 0