Body Armor- Mtbr.com

Thread: Body Armor

Apr 2008

Body Armor

Hey guys. I was looking into getting some body armor but am having trouble finding the right size. I am 6' 3" so most manufacturers recommend a XXL, but my chest is only about 42cm. Does anybody have any suggestions or personal experiences that can help?
    -Thanks

Thunder Chunky
    there is no way your chest is only 42 cm so Im guessing you meant 42 inches. Im 6'3 also and my chest about about 39-40 inches and I wear a Large 661 pressure suit. The chest is actually alittle big on me but the rest of the suit fits perfect. Best way is to just go try some stuff on.
    Purple Popcorn

StraightOuttaCompton
    my chest is 43in and the large fits me well. i am 6'1" and it still fits good.
    HARDTAIL PRIDE- 09 Kona Five-0

RTG

Feb 2008
    Same here, 6"1' and Large Dainese Gladiator Evo. I'm pretty slim so even tried M but that was way too tight on the chest.

The Beaver
    The main reason you need the bigger size is for the kidney belt... I am 6' 6" and have a 38" chest, I went with the Large Rockgardn Armor.... if that is any help.
    Specialized P.1
    Specialized Demo

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    I've got my eye on the Thor Impact Rig SE, only I can't find anybody in my vicinity that actually has one in stock for me to try on. I'm 6'5" with a 44" chest and stupidly long arms (I think I measure 6'9" from wing tip to wing tip).
    -Skimming the successpool of corporate America-

Members who have read this thread: 0