Body armor @ Halls? WTF?!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Sunshine and good, good times

I simply love riding at Halls, smiles.
    Last edited by jugdish; 11-12-2005 at 07:50 AM.

Jan 2004
    Ahhh, Hall Ranch, the trail everyone loves to hate. If I have to read one more whiny post about this place I'm gonna flip. Come on now. You know what yer gonna get when you go, unless you go mid week, mid day.
    When I pedalled my big bike up there a few years ago, you better believe I put my pads on before heading down. On the right (or wrong) bike that is rocky and fast, better safe than sorry. My explanation is that once you start wearing pads for alot of stuff it gets easier to put them on for seemingly silly stuff, but its sooo much better than a trip the hospital for stitches or a cracked patella or something. My pads see way more dirt than my helmet, but I still wear my helmet everytime.
    Did you say anything to the guy who rode off the trail, or did you just stew about it, then come home and rant on the interweb?

mtbr member
    Ahh, happy days....meds kicking in
    Last edited by jugdish; 11-12-2005 at 07:50 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2004

Wear pads all the time

It's a big safety net for me. Cuts down on hospital bills (got a full face helmet - Gyro switchblade - after I took a digger, landed on face, get 5 stiches). It's just cheap insurance (ie... less injury, more time for riding). Plus you do things you wouldn't do without pads which allows faster learning.

Now Uploading
    Quote Originally Posted by shabadu
    but its sooo much better than a trip the hospital for stitches or a cracked patella or something.
    I cracked my right patella this last spring. Through my Fox 911 knee/shin body armor. Hate to think what kind of surgery I might have been looking at if not wearing pads that day. If it's rocky, I'm more apt to put on the pads. Would rather look "silly" than be laid up with injuries and the resulting hospital invoices.

Wear what you want. Nobody has any business criticizing others for what they wear to ride. If you wear a fuzzy bunny suit and a tutu, I will give you some greif though.

Cheers,

Dave
    Just Passing Through: eatin' dirt & crappin' dust

Members who have read this thread: 0