Blisters from leg grabbers?- Mtbr.com
    bigger than you.

Blisters from leg grabbers?

I recently picked up a pair of Sugoi Evo Shorts- They fit well, wick away moister & the padding is excellent. no complaints until the 3rd time I wore them- I did a 10 mile road ride to my local trails, rode about 7 miles then rode about 15 miles home on the roads. The next morning, my thighs had band of fluid filled blisters around them, some of them, more than an inch long & +1/4" wide.
    This isn't a great photo, but shows one of the bidder ones and a band of smaller blisters above it.

My first thought was that this was poison oak or Ivy; I'd slipped and fallen crossing a log on that ride, it was possible that I'd gotten some then, but I didn't recall seeing any. However there was no itching at all whatsoever and the blisters were where the leg grabbers had been; in addition, there were compression marks on my thighs from the bands at the hem.

Has anyone had this happen? My local bikeshop has offered to take them back and exchange them- the guy I talked suggested that it might be a silicone allergy, but I thought that silicone was hypo-allergenic...

mtbr member
    Wow! I bought a pair of LG cycling shorts two months ago, and that hasn't happened to me. Are the leg grabbers super tight on you shorts? Mine are tight enough to stay put, but they don't leave any compression marks like that. Maybe try a bigger size?

bigger than you.
    Here's the rub: they fit perfectly everywhere else and the xxl's are too baggy. I'm a clyde with an odd body shape: 6'8 & 265 with 21% bmi.
    fwiw, i rolled the legs up yesterday and was fine

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    fwiw, i rolled the legs up yesterday and was fine
    I have never seen that before, but I always flip up the leg grippers. Its just more comfortable that way.

Carbon or Commie?
    If you flipped it up and it's better, it's likely a problem with the material (i.e. Allergy), not the compression.

Members who have read this thread: 0