Biknd jetpack, any feedback from owners out there?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Biknd jetpack, any feedback from owners out there?

Hi fellow MTBR'ers

I'm looking to purchase a bike bag and narrowed it down to Biknd jetpack or the classic, EVOC bag. Biknd Jetpack is fairly new in the market and would like to get thoughts from people who own one, or comments from people who have actually owned both the Biknd jetpack and the EVOC bag; which is better?

There seems to be not much reviews yet on the Biknd jetpack; hope this thread could provide valuable information to interested would-be buyers.

Cheers!

beater

Biknd jetpack, any feedback from owners out there?

I can offer that a friend of mine is very happy with his Biknd. He flies with a L Knolly Chilcotin. It's a solid bag. I watched him pack his bike on our last Moab trip. The inflatable where cushions see a nice touch. I have an Evoc pack, and they're well designed and made, so I imagine they're fairly comparable.

mtbr member
    Thanks for your input Evasive! I happen to own a Chili as well! Thanks again!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I just had one (Biknd Jetpack) delivered a couple of days ago. Brand new from Cell bikes (australia).

I pretty much immediately unpacked it, and carefully following the instructions,
    started a practice packing run -- not rushing, I spent about 1.5 hours getting it in the bag.

Sadly, the bag broke that very first time I used it.

In addition, in the process, I found that one of the pins is missing from the hubcap cover .

The main issue is that the zip broke the first time I attempted to zip it up on one side.
    The slider ran off the zip, bending very easily without any undue force.
    I was taking it pretty slowly as it was the first time I used it. Maybe the zip slider was bent before I touched it, but I do know it is very soft metal.

I contacted them immediately -- the shop and the manufacturer.
    Let's see how the warranty response goes. I guess that will make all the difference to me.

The manufacturer seems to be indicating that they will send me a new zip slider. But since I have no way to replace the zip stop in a permanent and durable way,
    I don't feel this is very satisfactory for an expensive piece of luggage that I have to trust to look after my santa cruz bronson on overseas trips.

But, I guess they and Cellbikes may come through with a good response, so I will fill you in on how it goes.

Oh by the way, if you have an XO1 style derailleur where the thread for the axle is actually part of the hanger, there is no way provided for the rear of the frame to be secured to the bag if you remove the derailleur --
    which is what the instructions say to do. NO thread to screw the axle into, you see.
    You'd have to make your own solution for that, I think. I'm still thinking of the best way to tackle it. Open to suggestions.

M