Bigfoot shoes- Mtbr.com

Thread: Bigfoot shoes

mtbr member

Bigfoot shoes

I am hoping this is the best place to post this, so, here goes! I wear a size 13EEE shoe, I know that's wide, but i can swim fast! Can any of you guys point me in a direction where I can find some flipper covers that wont leave me in agony a mile into a ride? I'm just getting back into riding after about a twelve year break. Thanks in advance!

Former Bike Wrench
    I assume your looking for Clipless shoes

Lake makes shoes in 48 Wide...but I don't know how wide that is

Sidi makes Mega Width shoes, here is a sizer to see if they might work

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I run Lake MX165's 48W. The shoe is heavy but fitment is fine as far as sizing. I'm trying to find someone local who has some sidi mega's to try them before I go purchasing over the internet .

If you use the search button or just scroll down clydes section i have a thread about shoes... Use the search function, its your friend.
    Chris, 6'1" 275lb clyde, Giant Anthem x 29er w/FULL 2012 XT group, Giant Defy Composite Ultegra. Team Truly Spokin!

Dec 2009
    I run a pair of 661 tacky's They are a sz 14 had to special order but fit great!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I have specialized comps that are 48's. Theyr're wide enough but other models were'nt. I got them on clearance so I tried several different Specialized shoes and these were the only one's that worked. Maybe you just need to find a shop and try on all the big ones.

mtbr member
    I've got size 15 feet, not sure how many EE's, but they're not narrow. I've had Sidis for over 10 years now - mostly for the length (they have EU size 50). After years of painful epics - the sides of my little toe area would start burning - I ordered the Sidi Mega. Life is good now. Plenty of room to be had over their regular fit, and no pain at all.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    +1 for sidi. i wear a 49 mega. the dominator 5's are the greatest thing since sliced bread. no idea how wide my feet are also, but not narrow. loving life in the sidi's

Mai
    mtbr member
    I wear Sidi Dominator 5 size 48. I have a wide foot but the megas were too wide. Love these shoes

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood and I,
    I took the road less traveled by and
    It has made all the difference. R Frost

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Get some custom shoes made for yourself. You may be able to do it through a health insurance plan & have the cleats added later on. If you can somehow qualify for custom shoes.Talk to the custom shoemaker.
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

President, CEO of Earth
    I have quite wide size 14 feet, and a few years ago I ordered a set of Sidi size 49 MEGA shoes... they were a totally loose fit on my (apperently moderately wide) feet. I had to send them back. They would better fit someone with freakishly wide feet such as the OP.
    "Newfoundland dogs are good to save children from drowning, but you must have a pond of water handy" - Josh Billings

mtbr member
    I have to admit, when I first strapped on my new Sidi size 50 megas, I thought I had made a mega mistake because they felt so loose. However, all it took was to cinch the straps a liitle tighter on the second ride. What a difference over my previous regular width Sidis that would make the outside of my little toes ache after a few hours.

The Sidi megas are definitely wide, with some room to spare even. I'm sure the roadies would scoff at the concept of sensibly comfortable biking shoes, but I'm lovin' it.

Then again, I have freakishly wide feet (I guess)

Members who have read this thread: 0