Big Man Gloves- Mtbr.com

Thread: Big Man Gloves

Jan 2009

Big Man Gloves

I have large hands and Im tired of these tiny gloves.

My real issues is I have rather large palms and somewhat fat fingers. I usually find issues with too much pressure between my thumb and pointer finger, causing my hand to go numb or just hurt.

What gloves are you guys using???

PS: I usually like to ride full finger gloves.

Thanks in advance for the help,
    A.J.

Former Bike Wrench
    Check out Mechanix gloves...they're great for bike gloves and they have sizes to fit real MAN HANDS

They can be found at most Auto Parts stores and departments

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Also check out your local motorcycle shop. I haven't found a pair of mechanic-style gloves that fit my hand, but I love my Thor Core gloves.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I have huge hands too, with large palms, but thinner fingers. I've seen Fox in sizes as large as 14. In fact a local store stocks them in that big of a size. I wear a 13. You can find big fox gloves online...

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I second the fox glove comment. I've got a size 13 here also. My fingers are little short but they fit the size of my hand great.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Giro XXL Gloves

Giro just started making XXL gloves. Call your LBS to see if they have them. I have huge hands and they fit.

BIG and Bald
    pricepoint.com

Axo Ride full finger gloves. I've got bear paws (XXL palms, XL fingers) and the XL's palm/wrist stretches just enough to fit me comfortably. (velcro wrist closure)

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/148...ger-Gloves.htm
    "Don't neever gave up..."

Double-metric mtb man
    I've got big hands and fairly long fingers...I've found that the big Troy Lee Designs XC gloves seem to fit pretty darn well (I generally use a size 12 nitrile glove at work). They are a full finger glove, but they are not made for DH or FR type stuff...not a lot of protection over the fingers....just fabric. But on the other hand (pardon the pun), they have really comfy palms for long rides.
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me

mtbr Buckeye...in Austin
    definitely try out mechanix wear gloves

you can order XXL as they won't have them in Lowes.
    Just as much palm padding as Pearl Izumi 1/2 finger gloves (tons of padding)

Flexy, last long and breathe well.

I have about 6 pair of various colors and have hooked others on them as well.

Out there
    Aug 2006
    I have BIG hands and the only options that work for me are:

1. Troy Lee Designs, biggest size

2. MEC.CA, biggest size

3. Go to the hardware store and try on mesh-backed gloves. Seriously, there are some great gloves there that are the equal of anything in the LBS. And not sized for ladies.
    All problems in mountain biking can be solved by going faster, except the ones that are caused by going too fast.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Giro Monaco XXL

Quote Originally Posted by cphil
    Giro just started making XXL gloves. Call your LBS to see if they have them. I have huge hands and they fit.
    They also have long finger...

Not an O2 thief.
    Feb 2004
    I've used XXL in Fox, AXO, and Specialized. My hands aren't that big as I can just barely palm a basketball, but I always blow through the thumbs. It would be nice if someone cut the gloves longer and not just bigger around in the palm area.
    Roll over the weak and bunny hop the dead!

Blog this...!

El Paso Puzzler 35 or 50 miler

mtbr member
    Not sure if you can get them in the US but altura gloves in xxl are huge. I have the same problem as you can't get gloves long enough between the thumb and pointing finger (specialized xxl are a bit to small). Altura gloves are the only ones I have found long enough and they have stacks of volume in them. The gloves themselves are a bit basic/workman like but if they fit who cares!

I'll take you there.
    Mar 2009
    I use size XL Harbinger weight lifting gloves. The are not full finger and I like it that way. They are cheap but the material is high quality.

The are $9 with free shipping off amazon, and I used them long before I began biking.

Their description says.

* Great performance and economical weight lifting glove
    * StretchBack Lycra increases flexibility, comfort, and fit
    * Foam backing protects hands from training abrasion
    * Short finger length provides a natural feel
    * Double stitched throughout for superior durability and abrasion resistance

They mold to my hands and stretch along the top VERY well.. no feeling of abrasion against fabric. They are very breathable and are adjustable.

On the negative side.. they smell like leather, even a year later.. oh and if you sweat a lot in them, they will leave black color on your hands until washed for the first 5-6 times. The only reason I didnt ditch them when I saw some of the color coming off on my hands after workouts is because they were so effective at giving me a very good grip, feeling natural, and being of high quality materials at the same time.

PS: These are the perfect gloves to scratch & swipe your nose with when you ride, the backing of the glvoes is smooth and stretchy on the inside, but has nice, even, friction on the outside.

Members who have read this thread: 0