• 01-03-2006
    eatdrinkride
    Best lightwieght armor for kids?
    Hi all. I'm looking for some knee/shin protection for my 9 year old son who just started mtb'ing with me. I am looking for advice from people who have purchased such items. He is a pretty good rider already and as such, a little too daring, so falls are gonna happen.

I'm looking for just some light to medium protection from falls for legs and maybe even arms as our terrain is very rocky. I'm lookin at the Six Six One Veggie knee and shin guards as well as the 661 4x4 knee/shin guards. I'm am told the Veggies are a less cumbersom. Both come in youth sizes.

Will these work for a little guy. I don't want to get something he cant use caus its always in the way of climbing or its always comming loose.

Thanks,

JB
  • 01-03-2006
    dogonfr
    661 makes awsome products, you shouoldnt have any problems. For my kids i have been using EVS products. They can never have too much protection, kids tend to go & not think about the consequence, one of the draw backs of age the brain starts to think :D.
  • 01-03-2006
    Lucky
    Quote:

Originally Posted by eatdrinkride
    Hi all. I'm looking for some knee/shin protection for my 9 year old son who just started mtb'ing with me. I am looking for advice from people who have purchased such items. He is a pretty good rider already and as such, a little too daring, so falls are gonna happen.

I'm looking for just some light to medium protection from falls for legs and maybe even arms as our terrain is very rocky. I'm lookin at the Six Six One Veggie knee and shin guards as well as the 661 4x4 knee/shin guards. I'm am told the Veggies are a less cumbersom. Both come in youth sizes.

Will these work for a little guy. I don't want to get something he cant use caus its always in the way of climbing or its always comming loose.

Thanks,

JB

Try www.danscomp.com. The specialize in BMX and have lots of kid stuff, including armor. They also have some sizing charts to help out.

Kathy :^)
  • 01-03-2006
    CalEpic
    Target
    My wife picked up some Mongoose branded knee and elbow armor in a kit at Target for our kids. It actually is pretty good stuff. And cheap too.

C
  • 01-03-2006
    eatdrinkride
    Thanks for the replies.

I will check Target, never even occured to me...danscomp is a good resource as well, thks.
  • 01-03-2006
    Nuts
    1 Attachment(s)
    My boy uses my old Roach FR elbow pads as shin/ knee pads. Works great.