Best lens for R2 helmet mount- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Best lens for R2 helmet mount

I built a nice little Amoeba knockoff using 2 R2s and the cheap DX spot lenses. I would like a wider angle lens, even for a helmet mount, but am unsure which lens would be best. I couldn't find anything on the DX website. Any suggestions?
    TIA

I like bloody ankles
    If you used 1" square al (achesalot style), the Ledil CRS series fit perfectly into the housing. The CRS-SS or CRS-M would be good choices with the SS being the more spotty of the two. I've used a combination of the two in an R2 triple and really like the pattern. If you're in the US, Digi-key stocks them and shipping is fast and cheap.

http://www.ledil.com/datasheets/DataSheet_CRS.pdf

I can point you to some beamshots if interested.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Thanks DSCJ, just what I was looking for. I went to Digikey but was confused w/ their one from column A, one from Column B, etc, page. I did use the 1" square so this should be a snap. Thanks.

I like bloody ankles
    You'll be happy with that choice, see how tight the optics fit, all you'll need is to silicon around the edges:

And for some beamshot comparisons, the first is using three of the DX1920 optics, and the second is using 2 x CRS-M and 1 x CRS-SS driven at 1a:

Members who have read this thread: 0