Best helmet for Road/XC- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Best helmet for Road/XC

For those of you who have one helmet dedicated to both road and xc riding, what do you use? I can't afford a crazy expensive helmet much less one for both road and xc riding. My budget is under $100 and I'm all about buying past years models to save some money. Any recommendations or see any deals around lately?

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialJ
    For those of you who have one helmet dedicated to both road and xc riding, what do you use? I can't afford a crazy expensive helmet much less one for both road and xc riding. My budget is under $100 and I'm all about buying past years models to save some money. Any recommendations or see any deals around lately?
    The one that fits your head the best. There is little difference between road and mtb helmets in the mid range.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    The one that fits your head the best. There is little difference between road and mtb helmets in the mid range.
    You're absolutely right, but it also has to look cool

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Check out the Lazer helmets. I've been using one for all types of riding from CX, XC, trail and road and it's great - it was the most compact design I could find and the rollsys system is much better than the fiddling around with the tension systems on the back of the head found on most helmets.

Members who have read this thread: 0