Best Helmet Cams- Mtbr.com
    Rob H
    May 2008

Best Helmet Cams

OK, so I see millions of fantastic Mtn Bike videos these days, but can't find a forum on this website dedicated to the great little cameras taking the shots.
    I got one at Costco (Epic Action Sports), but it was so bouncy no matter where I mounted it. Recommendation for a unit that delivers a great stable image with good resolution.
    Last edited by TRLBLDR; 10-19-2009 at 04:48 PM.

EDR
    I don't have a helmet cam but I know those GoPro Wide Hero cameras are popular, and make great video.

Downhill Messiah
    Madspeed always prevails!

mtbr member

I think you spelled it wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by TRLBLDR
    Best Helmut Cams OK, so I see millions of fantastic Mtn Bike videos these days, but can't find a forum on this website dedicated to the great little cameras taking the shots.
    I got one at Costco (Epic Action Sports), but it was so bouncy no matter where I mounted it. Recommendation for a unit that delivers a great stable image with good resolution.
    I think you spelled it wrong. I'm pretty sure that it is spelled: Helmutt Cam... You are talking about a camera that you can mount on your dog's head, right?
    If more people rode more bikes, more places, more often, the world would be a more better place!

Pivotal figure
    Been really pleased with my GoPro Wide and they have a new HD version coming out soon. The Contour HD is also very nice.
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

Elitest thrill junkie
    I got close to pulling the trigger. Contour HD is what I settled on. If the new HD GoPro is "wide" that could be a winner, make sure your computer can process HD stuff without blowing up.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

MTBikeAZ.com
    VholdR Contour HD is great. Easy to use, easy to ghetto mount to anything with the Goggle strap mount included. It has its downsides too, no preview window requires testing to dial in the view one of them. Quality of video is really nice, and they just came out with 1080p with multiple resolution options. Here are some of my vids posted on the VholdR site:

http://www.vholdr.com/users/mtbikeaz
    Mike
    MTBikeAZ.com
    --
    How fast can you climb?
    http://helipadtt.blogspot.com

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    Helmut Kohl was the president of germany in the late 80s. i bought a regular gopro hero only a few months before they came out with the wide version.. i hate when companies pull that crap (nintendo)

i found that mounting it on your head (instead of on your bike frame) makes it look like youre going a lot slower because the cam is so high off the ground. you dont get the full sense of motion when the camera keeps panning everywhere you turn your head

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBarqsMan
    VholdR Contour HD is great. Easy to use, easy to ghetto mount to anything with the Goggle strap mount included. It has its downsides too, no preview window requires testing to dial in the view one of them. Quality of video is really nice, and they just came out with 1080p with multiple resolution options. Here are some of my vids posted on the VholdR site:

http://www.vholdr.com/users/mtbikeaz
    Came here to say the exact thing. Just wait about a month and they are releasing the 1080p version! And definitely make sure you have a computer that can handle HD video. As long as it is no more than 3 or 4 years old, you should be able to get away with it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    VholdR does not take good care of their customers. I hate the PC industry mentality in MTB society.

Members who have read this thread: 0