Best gloves for Ergon Grips?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Best gloves for Ergon Grips?

Seeking input on full finger gloves (not DH) that work well with Ergon GR style grips for XC riding. Suggestions?

Currently I'm using Fox Sidewinder and Digit gloves with Ergon GR2 (regular and grip shift type). Problem is the gloves slide for-and-aft and bunch up at the base of the fingers causing blisters. I've noticed Ergon makes gloves but have not been able to locate a US-based source for fit info.

Ergon Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by calzonical
    Seeking input on full finger gloves (not DH) that work well with Ergon GR style grips for XC riding. Suggestions?

Currently I'm using Fox Sidewinder and Digit gloves with Ergon GR2 (regular and grip shift type). Problem is the gloves slide for-and-aft and bunch up at the base of the fingers causing blisters. I've noticed Ergon makes gloves but have not been able to locate a US-based source for fit info.
    Currently at this time, the best gloves suited for all Ergon grips are those that are thin and have very little to no padding at all.

The Ergon gloves are not available in the USA. We have a completely new glove design coming out in late 2010. We will show these new gloves at Interbike and Eurobike.

Jeff K
    Ergon USA

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I like the giro gloves, nice fit and super thin with good venting, not super durable though

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ERGON
    Currently at this time, the best gloves suited for all Ergon grips are those that are thin and have very little to no padding at all.

The Ergon gloves are not available in the USA. We have a completely new glove design coming out in late 2010. We will show these new gloves at Interbike and Eurobike.

Jeff K
    Ergon USA

Why no availability in the US? Having trouble clearing them ?

Ergon Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby12many
    Why no availability in the US? Having trouble clearing them ?
    We have an updated version of the gloves that were shown at Interbike in 2009. The new version is a 1000x better than what we showed back in September 2009. We scratched production for the USA market and are waiting to bring in these new gloves to market. Trust me, it will be worth the wait

Jeff K
    Ergon USA

mtbr member
    I've used Fox Inclines for the past few years with my Ergons.
    cheers
    Pagey

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I'll second giro gloves. I've got several pair, riding with gx1 Ergons and just went to grip shift... Basically no paddng but very comfy w/ no bunching... I agree on the not super durable though, but cheapish from rei on clearance...

Members who have read this thread: 0