Best Gloves for DJ/Urban?- Mtbr.com
    Yo!
    mtbr member

Best Gloves for DJ/Urban?

I play the drums and weightlift, so I come from a school of thought that gloves are for pussies, but after a front tire washout last night, I can see the value they offer for cyclists. I also noticed how slippery my grips get when my hands start sweating.

Does anyone have any good suggestions for a set of long lasting gloves that aren't gonna make my hands sweat too bad? I know I can just peruse the reviews, but I'd like some opinions first.

Feb 2009
    I to came from the whole pads for pussies thought, but after a year on my trials bike and having my brake handles tearing the skin off my knockles and my peddles beating the hell out of my shins. I have recently started looking into gloves myself, and I got myself a nice helmet

mtbr member
    Fox Bomber, your knuckles will thank you.

fear this
    Quote Originally Posted by Yo!
    I play the drums and weightlift, so I come from a school of thought that gloves are for pussies, but after a front tire washout last night, I can see the value they offer for cyclists. I also noticed how slippery my grips get when my hands start sweating.

Does anyone have any good suggestions for a set of long lasting gloves that aren't gonna make my hands sweat too bad? I know I can just peruse the reviews, but I'd like some opinions first.
    I'm also a drummer, percussionist, weightlifter, computer programmer, mechanic, downhill mountain biker, and urban assault motorcyclist. I like women too. My fingers and hands are pretty integral to everything I love doing so I come from the school of thought that if you're not wearing gloves, you're freakin' retarded.

As for good options, I agree with all the recos for Fox gloves with the knuckle armor because they're very breathable and have a snot rag patch in the right spots. Here in Canada we can get Mace Gear gloves which are similar, but more readily available. For a lighter weight and more breathable option that sacrifices warmth in cold weather however, Oakley makes some quality options too. Don't discount Mechanix Wear gloves (available in auto parts stores as well as Costco, Sam's Club, etc.) either. They're extremely durable and while they lack the snot rag patch, come in a variety of colors and configurations from armored to cold weather to skin tight and more.
    Norco Torrent FS
    Devinci Ollie
    Commencal Meta HT AM chromoly

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    i personally love the Fox Dirtpaws ive had my pair for about a year and ahalf and they have been through alot of rides. they grip well but the palms are starting to wear a little bit.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by slevin2313
    i personally love the Fox Dirtpaws ive had my pair for about a year and ahalf and they have been through alot of rides. they grip well but the palms are starting to wear a little bit.
    I agree, the dirtpaws are great if you don't need as much armoring.

Yo!
    mtbr member
    So Fox seems to be the consensus?

I'm headed to Austin this weekend so I'm going to pick up a pair.

As far as mechanix gloves go, man I've gone through so may pairs working on cars, I don't know if I'll trust them anymore, but I do like how lightweight they are.

The Dirtpaws look sick...

mtbr member
    I use the Fox dirt paws for bike/atv/motorcycle . Picked them up at the local dirtbike dealer for under $30.

Members who have read this thread: 0