Best Full face helmet on a budget?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Best Full face helmet on a budget?

Advise on getting a full face helmet on a very limited budget? I will get a decent lid once I have more cash but for now I just want to get something cheap but OK as I think I am due a faceplant pretty soon! Currently riding in a Giro Flak P/pot helmet!

Cheers

THELAND photographer
    six six one comp...its like 80-90 bucks and protected my lid, and chin during a few real hard wrecks and has stood up...also check chainlove and pricepoint for sales and closeouts....and when you have money...get a Bell Drop...sick helmet tested it out today and f-ng love it

shred the gnar
    hers your 661 comp for only $50 http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/138...omp-Helmet.htm

im about to order the AXO Chute helmet for only $70...retails for $300 http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/178...ce-Helmets.htm

StraightOuttaCompton
    you can look at the azonic/oneal fury. its like 59.99$ and it breathes well and if pretty comfy too.
    HARDTAIL PRIDE- 09 Kona Five-0

mtbr member

remedy

2007 Giro remedys are on sale a few places for 79.99

pro
    mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Rockgardn blacklite. 100 bucks, DOT and SNELL approved.

SILENCE! I KILL YOU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Djponee
    you can look at the azonic/oneal fury. its like 59.99$ and it breathes well and if pretty comfy too.
    aka the 661 strike, the Axo Rocker (I have one)... Agree with him, cheap and good.
    Hunter, Simmons, Berrecloth, Watson,Vanderham, Semenuk, Schley, Gulevich, Bourdon, Smith, Moreland, Shandro, Boyko... Bieber.

mtbr member
    Just picked up this in Blue and large...after first ride feels good...order soon and you can knock off another 10% and free shipping to a store near you
    http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...-_-null-_-null

Citizen Of Earth
    May 2008
    Fox Rampage
    "If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space." ~ J. Whittaker

I AM I AM
    I picked up a Fox Rampage for $100Au some time ago, that was a fantastic bargain (entry level XC lids are that price over here, and probably most piss pots (dj lids)).

Citizen Of Earth
    May 2008
    Yeppers, the Rampage rocks and if you can find a limited edition they look great! Mine is a Limited and its black and gold, I picked it up at an overpriced shop in Angelfire for $130. So Im sure you could find one for $80-90.
    "If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space." ~ J. Whittaker

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    Rockgardn blacklite. 100 bucks, DOT and SNELL approved.
    +1 I have it and it is a great helmet! DOT cert is hard to find at this price.
    Last edited by Supple1; 02-02-2009 at 01:44 PM.

shred the gnar
    ordered the AXO chute last night, hopefully should come in by thursday. ill let you know how it rides once i get a chance to take it on the mountain with the snobike. Pretty solid deal, retails for $299 everywhere an i got it for $70

Rollin' a fatty
    661 Bravo's, got mine for $50 on eBay.

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vlcmstne817
    ordered the AXO chute last night, hopefully should come in by thursday. ill let you know how it rides once i get a chance to take it on the mountain with the snobike. Pretty solid deal, retails for $299 everywhere an i got it for $70
    I was looking at those, let us know how you like it after you get a few rides on it.

mtbr member
    Awesome!!! thanks for the replies will take a look and try them on to see how they fit my bonce!

Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vlcmstne817
    ****! That is a sick deal mind given me the website?

mtbr member
    Like others have said, if you scour around a bit you can find last year's top-of-the-line helmets for 70-90 bucks. Don't compromise your head.... just don't pay full retail.

Here's a '07 THE Carbon One for $95.

'08 Giro Remedy for $80

'08 Bell Drop for $82

Sometimes sizing is limited but not always.

Good luck.
    Last edited by KRob; 02-02-2009 at 05:34 PM.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    giro remedy. it's the best fittin helmet out there. can be had for 70 to 80 bucks if you don't care about certain colors or just pay the 95 frompricepoint and get theflat black and be done with it.

shred the gnar
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    ****! That is a sick deal mind given me the website?
    ya dude here they are. Same helmets, different graphics. Sale looks like it expires on teh 10th

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/178...ace-Helmet.htm

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/178...ce-Helmets.htm

wait...what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Supple1
    +1 I have it and it is a great helmet! DOT cert is hard to find at this price.
    +1 again

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Djponee
    I had one of these and though they have "13 vents" the vents are all blocked with foam and sh!t. Plus the mouth guard is really close (also packed with foam and sh!t). I bought the Giro Remedy last year and Love it! The vents are a lot bigger that the Azonic and cost about the same. The vents aren't P.W.S. either. Very comfy too. ttyl, Fahn
    Hubbard Bike Club

Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by xterrain
    Fox Rampage
    ^^^what he said^^^

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFahn
    I had one of these and though they have "13 vents" the vents are all blocked with foam and sh!t. Plus the mouth guard is really close (also packed with foam and sh!t). I bought the Giro Remedy last year and Love it! The vents are a lot bigger that the Azonic and cost about the same. The vents aren't P.W.S. either. Very comfy too. ttyl, Fahn
    I totally agree. After my Remedy was at the end of it's life I decided to pull the trigger on the 661 Strike (same helmet at the Fury) for cheap $$$. Kinda regretful that I did. It's not a bad helmet, but it does have some problems, most notably the lack of ventilation. I took a sharp knife to the inside liner everywhere there was a vent in the outside shell and now it breathes MUCH better. Also, they run small and a Large is pretty tight on my head (I wore a Medium Remedy). On the plus side, it's not expensive, looks OK IMO and it actually feels a little lighter than the Remedy.

Tire Geek O_o
    have you noticed that the Oneal Fury and the Azonic Fury the same are, well that is obvious actually, but do you guys have noticed the the Fury is exactly the same as the 661 Strike???

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cesalec
    have you noticed that the Oneal Fury and the Azonic Fury the same are, well that is obvious actually, but do you guys have noticed the the Fury is exactly the same as the 661 Strike???
    revelation of the year ladies and gentlemen

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Last edited by 8664; 09-16-2009 at 09:07 AM.
    :thumbsup:
    ride.

Ancient Chinese Secret
    I got a Bell Drop last year for $30. It was such a deal, I bought 2. Nice helmet! I wish it didn't have such huge logos on it though.

The Remedy is regularly out there for $70-80. Also, a great helmet, with good ventilation.

I just bought a Rockgarden Warbird (Adolph Galland version) for $79 from Jenson. Not the greatest helmet in terms of ventilation, but cool graphics, and DOT rated.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    :thumbsup:
    ride.

Glad to Be Alive
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

ready to ride
    Remedy at Jenson USA $80 somthing I love it nice fit (M) fairly well venilated
    N* = <3 <3]

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I bought the 661 full comp on chainlove for $38 just received it in the mail, super good helmet for the price, cant beat it.

mtbr member
    The 661 Comp 2 is listed as $63 on some online sites.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Another vote for the Giro Remedy. Bought this past year's model from Jenson on close-out for $80 a couple of weeks ago and love it so far. Fits great and has good ventilation.

mtbr member
    I'm picky about helmets coming from Motocross, and damn this 09 Bell Drop I got in the mail today is SWEET!

Super light, and fits my fat head perfectly lol!

mtbr member
    i own a ton of helmets tld, giro, 661 and so on. i will tell you hands down if you want bang for your buck look into the rockgardn blacklite or wait for the drop of the new helmet it will be truely sick trust me i know the blacklite is a dot approved helmet and is actually super light for being a moto helmet. it also has a fairly small profile so it doesnt feel huge on your dome. prices are awesome too i think last time i talked to mark he said they were dropping the price to make room for the new ones so check out the site or give mark a call he is a awesoem guy to deal with.

Members who have read this thread: 0