Best deal on gloves?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2008

Best deal on gloves?

I'm looking for a pair of durable lightweight gloves. I go through them pretty quickly so I don't want to spend over $20. I found these - http://www.pricepoint.com/detail.htm...d=185%20AXOKK8

They look decent but there aren't any reviews on them and shipping is an additional $6.

Anyone have any other recommendations?

Riding or Fishing
    chainlove.com
    Dakine, Fox, Sombrio gloves show up fairly often. You just have to be patient.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I'm thinking about picking up some motorcycle gloves on newenough. They have a couple short (no gauntlet) gloves with mesh or perforated backs. I've used a pair of my short gloves for a couple rides recently.....used, meaning I've fallen on them. The leather protected my hands and even though the palms had minimal padding it was enough to prevent any pain whatsoever. The only problem is the dye in the leather turns my hands black.

mtbr member
    www.rockymountainmc.com
    get some of the closeout motocross gloves (07, 08)
    also their in house brand ARC are great.
    I loose them before they wear out

mtbr member
    How wrong can you go for $16 shipped? I just shopped around quite a bit and didn't see anything nicer for under $20 shipped.
    Pivot Firebird, Tomac Snyper, KTM 250SX

Mouth-Breather / Huffer
    If you want to go the route of MX gloves, you can often get some killer deals at Motosport.com under their "Deal of the Day" link.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bank5
    I'm looking for a pair of durable lightweight gloves. I go through them pretty quickly so I don't want to spend over $20. I found these - http://www.pricepoint.com/detail.htm...d=185%20AXOKK8

They look decent but there aren't any reviews on them and shipping is an additional $6.

Anyone have any other recommendations?
    The Kickers are a excellent light weight glove. I bought a pair of those last year and love em. I just bought another pair with my last order just to have a spar pair around. They breath really well and I really like the pull on design. Plus they don't cover a lot of your wrist, which I don't think is needed and it helps to keep you cooler.

They are a steel at that price. Buy 2.

Don't buy the 445 for a riding glove. They are Mechanix (work gloves that are thick and don't breath at all) gloves with a the AXO logo. I made that mistake.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 9GUY9
    The Kickers are a excellent light weight glove. I bought a pair of those last year and love em. I just bought another pair with my last order just to have a spar pair around. They breath really well and I really like the pull on design. Plus they don't cover a lot of your wrist, which I don't think is needed and it helps to keep you cooler.

They are a steel at that price. Buy 2.

Don't buy the 445 for a riding glove. They are Mechanix (work gloves that are thick and don't breath at all) gloves with a the AXO logo. I made that mistake.
    Glad you like the Kickers. I just placed an order for them last night. I probably would have gone with 2 if I had read your post before hand. I'm looking forward to giving them a shot.

mtbr member
    I just got a pair of Fox sidewinder gloves from the fox website for 19.99.

mtbr member
    Home Depot. Most work gloves do the trick.

Apr 2009
    I just go gloveless, it makes for rougher hands.

Members who have read this thread: 0