Best all mountain shorts - without chamois??- Mtbr.com
    Tire Geek O_o

New question here. Best all mountain shorts - without chamois??

HI people,
    I am on the lookout for some bling in the form of new All Mountain shorts.

I have been using a Zoic Ether short and I really like the feeling of it, the only thing I dont like is that it is too baggy (without) the camois.

I am not a chamois user, thus I am looking for a new AM short with similar technical features than the Zoic, but in flashier designs (a bit bored of the same dull colors) and somewhat more form fitting, as well as a bit elastic (in case I want to use a chamois - ocasionally and seldomly).

Any recomendations?
    http://32spokesmtb.com - Promoting MTB & cycling from Mexico to the World!

meow meow
    well if you want flash go for the tld moto shorts in bright green. baggy and loose though. my pearl izumi eliete shorts are more form fitting and stretchy but black. all of the loud shorts i have seen have been on the fr side of things and thus rather baggy.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Huh, how do you not use a chamois? You ride with a spring loaded seat and lube the %&^$ out of your taint? Not sure that qualifies as AM

Yeah, the Troy Lee Aces are nice and loud. They come with chamois, medium thickness, that can be taken out. Shorts are shorter (top of knee) and less baggy than others, just right IMO. Also the Skylines come in different colours WITHOUT cham and I assume they're the same fit as the Aces.

Tire Geek O_o
    hehehe yes I do ride without chamois, I mean I used to use it when I first started riding, but then it was more uncomfortable (even a good Gore one), than just riding with it...

IŽll take a look at your recomendations. As said I have been pretty happy with the Zoic, is just that my size without chamois looks a bit weird hahaha it gets to baggy and gets trapped sometimes in the seat which is annoying.
    Last edited by cesalec; 07-03-2012 at 12:11 PM.
    http://32spokesmtb.com - Promoting MTB & cycling from Mexico to the World!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Check Sombrio Supra shorts. Semi-baggy, good durable fabric that is a bit and and repels water to some extent... Good fit and cut, length just above kneecap, ventilation zippers on inner thigh are working too.

Only downside is the pockets, on 2011 model there was only one small pocket in back, but possibly there is thigh pockets included in the 2012 model but I'm not sure about that...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Huh, how do you not use a chamois? You ride with a spring loaded seat and lube the %&^$ out of your taint? Not sure that qualifies as AM

Yeah, the Troy Lee Aces are nice and loud. They come with chamois, medium thickness, that can be taken out. Shorts are shorter (top of knee) and less baggy than others, just right IMO. Also the Skylines come in different colours WITHOUT cham and I assume they're the same fit as the Aces.
    I don't either. Never have. Just feels uncomfortable to me. And weird. And I'm always wearing Zoic Ether 'baggy' shorts, non-spring loaded saddle, WTB Devo and a Reverb.

Members who have read this thread: 0