Bell Sixer- Mtbr.com

Thread: Bell Sixer

Coffee Drinker

Bell Sixer

First outing with the new Bell Sixer MIPS. Fit and ventilation is great. The adjuster is easy to use. It is much more comfortable than the Bell Super it replaced! I still had a drip of sweat in my glasses but much less than the Super with a different pad configuration. Overall, a nice upgrade.

Hi There!
    Thanks for the report. I wear a Super 2 MIPS with no fit issues, but will need a new helmet at some point.
    NTFTC

MCMXCV
    I've been a happy Super 2 owner for a couple of years and tried the 6er but ended up returning it. 30 minutes into a ride the rear strap would work it's way down and hit the back of my ears, and I couldn't fix it now matter what I did.

I never had any issue with my S2.

mtbr member
    Anyone compare the Sixer to the Super DH? I need to retire my OG Super and the DH looks really interesting, but I'm wondering if the Sixer is better as an every day trail helmet than the DH sans chinbar is.

Well, just ordered a Sixer. I figured that most rides I probably wouldn't be hauling the chin bar anyway, so might as well focus on ventilation for my primary lid. I haven't had any luck finding a FF that fits my funky head, so I might still grab the SDH later.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    I am eyeballing the bell sixer as an upgrade. What the square thing on top of the helmet? is it a mount of some sort???

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZmuchacho View Post
    I am eyeballing the bell sixer as an upgrade. What the square thing on top of the helmet? is it a mount of some sort???
    You must be talking about the removable GoPro mount.

I've got a lot of hours in my Sixer now and it's a fantastic helmet. One of the, if not THE, most comfortable helmets I've warn. The sweat drip gutter works well but it's not 100%. Yesterday's ride I definitely sweated it out and got my eyes flooded on a climb. It's likely due to an increase in humidity with the front that came through yesterday. I'll probably still need to pair with a Halo once things get hotter.

mtbr member
    Is the GoPro mount stable? Read a comment somewhere that cameras mounted on MIPS helmets shake a lot.

mtbr member

Sweat issues with 6er also

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidmantis View Post
    You must be talking about the removable GoPro mount.

I've got a lot of hours in my Sixer now and it's a fantastic helmet. One of the, if not THE, most comfortable helmets I've warn. The sweat drip gutter works well but it's not 100%. Yesterday's ride I definitely sweated it out and got my eyes flooded on a climb. It's likely due to an increase in humidity with the front that came through yesterday. I'll probably still need to pair with a Halo once things get hotter.

I dropped sweat all over my glasses, just added the SweatBuster from my old helmet. Should stop the problem, love the SweatBuster.

Like the helmet a lot though-