Which backpack is this?- Mtbr.com
    rjx
    mtbr member

Which backpack is this?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I think that's a Camelbak Classic, Thermalbak, or Lobos.

Are you asking because you want one or you own it? If it's yours, the name should be on the yellow tag on the side.

If you are trying to buy one, you won't be able to find it in a store. That is an older Camelbak that has been out of production probably for 7-10 years. My MULE has a similar color scheme and I bought some time between late 2001 to mid-2003.

mtbr member
    I agree... looks very similar to my old camelbak... but as jseko points out, you won't find my old camelbak for sale as its been "end of sale" for long time. Browse the camelbak website to find a newer one...

keepin' it rural
    Yep, its the camelbak classic, i have that exact one. i mainly use my Mule now though, because there isnt much storage in that thing at all.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    camelbak classic, looks like a newer one. my friend has got one from what appears to be from either the early 90s or the late 80s

rjx
    mtbr member
    Thank you for all the replies.

I didn't take in consideration that it might be for hydration. As of now I'm just looking for a sleek, small backpack that can handle what I want to carry.

I like the Osprey Talon 11 but it seems to be bulkier than I would like.
    http://www.ospreypacks.com/detail.ph...ab=description
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fXWDbftz7w

I'm still figuring out everything I would like to carry but it will be something like this:
    Lezyne Micro Floor Drive HP (Length is almost 12 inches)
    Tubes
    Digital Pressure Gauge
    First Aid
    Tire Lever
    Multi Tool
    Whistle
    Pepper Spray
    Energy Bars
    Water (possibly a bladder)
    P&S Camera
    Flashlight
    Cell
    Bug Spray
    Wallet
    Sun Screen
    Pill Holder
    Compass
    Chained Master Link

Maybe a few more odd and ends. Some rides might be much less than this.

Since the Talon 11 accepts a bladder, I'm going to look more closely at the Camelbak bags and see if anything pops out at me in their product line.

Any recommendations for another bag I might be interested in? And any recommendations for other accessories to take a long on rides?

Thanks everyone.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I'd recommend a camelbak Mule NV.
    http://www.artscyclery.com/descpage-...rumb=RDMACCESS
    it's what I use for full day rides.
    http://www.artscyclery.com/descpage-...rumb=RDMACCESS
    my friend has this Capo, it's spacious and a bit smaller than the Mule, I still prefer my Mule.
    I have a Lobo for rides that last a couple of hours. http://www.artscyclery.com/descpage-...rumb=RDMACCESS
    still, Mule NV (specifically NV) is what I love for long rides. has a lot of compartments specifically for pump etc.

local trails rider
    I use a Lobo and wouldn't really want to try packing quite that much stuff into it.

"it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by perttime
    I use a Lobo and wouldn't really want to try packing quite that much stuff into it.
    Agreed.. I use my Lobo for shorter rides, the Mule is probably you want for your packing list needs.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Mule NV is dope, get a HAWG if you really think it is necessary. my Mule NV (specifically the NV) holds all my gear though

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    osprey >>> camelbak, end of story.

i carry just about the same amount of stuff as you, except add some protective gear, extra gloves, zip ties, and night riding lights if its getting late.

i ride w/ the manta 20, it gives me plenty of space but i pack it pretty full. if you want to carry all that stuff on your list you will need something bigger like mine...it also comes in 25 and 30 sizes. if i had another go, i'd get the 25. remember an empty pack doesn't add much weight, and you'll appreciate the extra space when you need it.

the manta is more of a hiking pack, but has some nice features that aren't on the mtb specific talon or raptor. and definitely get one with a bladder. osprey hydration is superior IMO + awesome warranty.

Members who have read this thread: 0