Auburn Shuttle Sunday 3-12 (Helmets Optional)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Auburn Shuttle Sunday 3-12 (Helmets Optional)

Kidding about the helmet thing. For the kats that rode before with me, we'll be meeting at the same location. Time hasn't been set in stone, figuring around 9am. If that conflict with anyone hollar at me and we'll adjust accordingly. Always a fun time. Maybe Carcasshucker can woah us again with another 20ft jump which is f'n impressive on a mtn bike.

J_B

Mar 2004
    I'm out for this weekend.

DH on a HT
    you know me....if i dont race ill be there.....btw your fork is on the way...
    Check me out...

Oneal/Azonic, e.13, Hayes, ODI grips, SIXSIXONE

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by J_B
    I'm out for this weekend.

You're not gonna grace us with your presence? That's a shame but we'll catch you next time.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlieMan
    you know me....if i dont race ill be there.....btw your fork is on the way...
    Give me a call when you know what you're gonna do. The race is gonna be a pain in the arse with your heavy STP.

Ride what you want!!
    Helmets are ALWAYS optional.

george
    Trogs: Too Tough for Carbon Fiber

mtbr member

You got a point

Quote Originally Posted by george_da_trog
    Helmets are ALWAYS optional.

george
    There sure is some truth in that, but I'd like to think they'd be mandatory in the rides I'm in.

mtbr dismember

Photo ops

I saw the photos from your last outing! When we get some blue skies and warmer weather it would great if I could bring my DSLR and video camera up there and get some shots of you guys doing those massive jumps. I'm not a downhiller but I've ridden most of the Auburn XC trails.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wherewolf
    I saw the photos from your last outing! When we get some blue skies and warmer weather it would great if I could bring my DSLR and video camera up there and get some shots of you guys doing those massive jumps. I'm not a downhiller but I've ridden most of the Auburn XC trails.

I'm pretty sure all the guys would jump to the opportunity. When the weather lets up and the trail gets nice and tacky we should plan something. Now that means I need to step it up.

DH on a HT
    ok...F^ck the race im going with yall.......and next time make sure you have the right name in the quote.....im not GirlieMan......
    Check me out...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ManlyWoman
    ok...F^ck the race im going with yall.......and next time make sure you have the right name in the quote.....im not GirlieMan......
    Good deal, it'll be fun dialing in the new setup on the Kona. Hopefully she can still hit the jumps with the new forks.

Coors, the american beer.
    ill see what i can do fellas ... just got my giant back from the shop they had to put a new line on the front and new fittings and **** on the back cause performance didnt assemble this ***** right at all so thats why my brakes sucked ... i also aired up my stuff right so its gonna be sweet ...i just hope i dont break nothin cause im leavin for az on wed 15 and doin some FR out there thu and fri
    AZ has the best mountain bike gathering ever

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Melt
    ill see what i can do fellas ... just got my giant back from the shop they had to put a new line on the front and new fittings and **** on the back cause performance didnt assemble this ***** right at all so thats why my brakes sucked ... i also aired up my stuff right so its gonna be sweet ...i just hope i dont break nothin cause im leavin for az on wed 15 and doin some FR out there thu and fri
    Do what you can, wish I could make it out to AZ. I was supposed to next month but work is too crazy to leave. Doubt I'll go down there in the summer, pretty sure I'll be in Tahoe most the summer.

DH on a HT
    hey Rich...i think the price just went up on that fork.......melt you better show up i'm thinkin if my faith gets here and i get it tuned im taking it on Sunday
    Check me out...

mtbr member

Pre Cool Downhill Race

I think it's on Saturday....Informal but fun...the catch...you have to do it on a 16" wheel bike. I did this race about 5 years ago and it was fun as hell. If your interested in this little bit of alcohol fueld stupidity...talk to the guys at Auburn Bike Works.
    :p

Ride what you want!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ServeEm
    There sure is some truth in that, but I'd like to think they'd be mandatory in the rides I'm in.
    How could you enforce it?

george

mtbr member

george

Whoever would choose to not wear a helmet would not be involved in the shuttle? I'm sure all the other guys I ride with would feel the same way...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboulder
    I think it's on Saturday....Informal but fun...the catch...you have to do it on a 16" wheel bike. I did this race about 5 years ago and it was fun as hell. If your interested in this little bit of alcohol fueld stupidity...talk to the guys at Auburn Bike Works.

That does sound like a blast but I don't have a 16" bike. My daughter has one but I'm sure the wife would not let me use it being that I break my 26" all the time. If I had one I'd be there.

Ride what you want!!
    Whoever would choose to not wear a helmet would not be involved in the shuttle? I'm sure all the other guys I ride with would feel the same way...
    Forgot about the shuttle thing....

I've just seen people post that they wouldn't ride with someone without a helmet. I assume they meant they would go home which I always thought was strange.

george

mtbr member

george

Shuttle driver: "No helmet? No ride."

Simple as that (enforcement that is).

-Derek

mtbr member
    Forgot about the shuttle thing....

I've just seen people post that they wouldn't ride with someone without a helmet. I assume they meant they would go home which I always thought was strange.

george

That is strange but hell, I'm pretty strange. Atleast my wife tells me that and well everyone else that knows me. I wouldn't want to be around when someone takes a dive right into a rock. I've seen a guy with his head split open before and definetly don't wanna see it again.

Quote Originally Posted by derek

Shuttle driver: "No helmet? No ride."

Simple as that (enforcement that is).

-Derek
    You got it Derek, I'm the shuttle driver and I would let someone ride without a helmet.

mtbr member
    I talked to a guy at Auburn Bike Works and he was a bit hesitant on giving any info on the race. He did admit that they organize one that falls on this weekend but..., "It's an employee thing" so I didn't persue it any further.

mtbr member
    I'll get the real down low if anyone else is interested

mtbr member
    I'll get the real down low if anyone else is interested

I'm certainly interested and I know Draven is also. But I don't want to go to a ride that I wasn't invited to or a ride that people wanted to keep under wraps. You know what I mean?

mtbr member
    The deal here is that anyone that shows up is welcome....It's just that the shop can not officially sanction the race. It is always kept on the hush hush down low...I'm headed over there now and I'll get the info and let you know by tomorrow. Oh yes...beer consumption is encouraged and likely mandatory.

J_B

Mar 2004
    You're not gonna grace us with your presence? That's a shame but we'll catch you next time.
    C'mon now. I should be out there since the race season is starting here in a little bit but I am going to pass. Have fun.

Coors, the american beer.
    imma have to pass ... didnt realise i have to work on sunday at 4pm
    AZ has the best mountain bike gathering ever

DH on a HT
    damn....i wanted to show off my faith to you melt
    Check me out...

Jul 2005
    ill catch yoo guys next time-
    im gonna go and see if theres still some snow round here

Members who have read this thread: 0