Assos chamois shorts- Mtbr.com
    JackCoul
    Dec 2011

Assos chamois shorts

Has any one tried the Assos H.RallyBoxer_S7 mountain bike shorts with the extra hip pad? Assos claims that the chamois is specifically designed for mountain biking. I want to buy a new pair of chamois shorts but I want the absolute best chamois I can get.
    Jack C

mtbr member
    Assos is pretty much the pinnacle of road kit/chamois lore IMO, but I have no personal experience.

Ride More - Suffer Less
    Quote Originally Posted by jackcoul View Post
    Has any one tried the Assos H.RallyBoxer_S7 mountain bike shorts with the extra hip pad? Assos claims that the chamois is specifically designed for mountain biking. I want to buy a new pair of chamois shorts but I want the absolute best chamois I can get.
    Jack C
    I have not tried them but the center seam on those shorts looks painful. To me a 6 panel design with no center seam is much more comfortable.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Yes, I have a couple of pairs of them. I bruised my hip badly a couple of years ago and wore them for a while after that. Don't use the pads very often now, though. For long rides I prefer the T.Cento pad, a little thicker and has the awesome Kuku Penthouse for your junk. More comfortable than the Rally shorts, but the Rally material is definitely stronger and abrasion-resistant if you crash a lot or hit things. Either way, Assos shorts are the only ones I'll let may azz, taint, junk, etc touch. They're all better than any other short from any other brand I've worn, which is a lot. I've spent a small fortune on bibs, saddles, and shoes to get the best thing I possibly can FOR ME. YMMV, but few I've talked to have been disappointed by Assos shorts.
    Ibis Ripmo
    Ibis Ripley V4
    Ibis Mojo HD4
    Pivot Mach 4SL
    Pivot LES SS
    Colnago C60 Disc

JackCoul
    Dec 2011

Thanks for the feed back

Quote Originally Posted by BmanInTheD View Post
    Yes, I have a couple of pairs of them. I bruised my hip badly a couple of years ago and wore them for a while after that. Don't use the pads very often now, though. For long rides I prefer the T.Cento pad, a little thicker and has the awesome Kuku Penthouse for your junk. More comfortable than the Rally shorts, but the Rally material is definitely stronger and abrasion-resistant if you crash a lot or hit things. Either way, Assos shorts are the only ones I'll let may azz, taint, junk, etc touch. They're all better than any other short from any other brand I've worn, which is a lot. I've spent a small fortune on bibs, saddles, and shoes to get the best thing I possibly can FOR ME. YMMV, but few I've talked to have been disappointed by Assos shorts.

Thanks for the info Bman (and others). Where did you get your Assos shorts? I want to buy some but not sure where to order them.
    Jack

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    These guys usually have every style in every size in stock, great service too:
    https://www.competitivecyclist.com/m...d%3AAssos&nf=1
    Ibis Ripmo
    Ibis Ripley V4
    Ibis Mojo HD4
    Pivot Mach 4SL
    Pivot LES SS
    Colnago C60 Disc

mtbr member
    Have tried a lot of brands and none were near the quality of Assos.
    There should be a new Short with longer legs and UV-protection on the way for early next year.

Assos changed their mind and will not make UV protection. Use Specialized Demo Pro pants and Gore C7 jacket in order not to need another surgery.
    Last edited by las-palmas; 05-13-2018 at 07:09 AM.
    it is harder to get fit than to stay fit. You have only one brain: protect it!