armor padded lycra shorts- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

armor padded lycra shorts

Thinking of going to the dark side with lycra shorts. I don't like to lower my seat much and my baggies get caught on my saddle a bit.

I really like the idea/looks (non-roadie) of the Fox Titan Race Shorts but they're essentially underwear:

http://www.spadout.com/p/fox-titan-race-shorts/

What are guys wearing that are slick lycra (no outer layer needed) that have the padded hip protectors?

slow uphill
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmatero
    I really like the idea/looks (non-roadie) of the Fox Titan Race Shorts but they're essentially underwear
    these are awesome, but yes, they are a liner. you could put non-padded lycra over them - I think there are triathlon style cycle shorts with no chamois pad, probably normal roadie ones too.

if you're having trouble with the baggy crotch catching on the seat, you could try finding shorts that fit a little better, or get some of the "race" style shorts. I have a pair of Royal race shorts that are higher in the crotch and I don't catch them on the saddle (versus a normal pair of cargo shorts)

Clydesdale 29er
    Go to your local sporting goods store and look for Football padded underwear. They have
    no shammy but hey do have good hip, thigh, and tailbone protection. You could wear them
    under your bike shorts.

mtbr member
    Hey, that's an idea. Wonder how saddle compatible they are?

Members who have read this thread: 0