armor for itty bitty girls- Mtbr.com
    Seeker of Dirt

New question here. armor for itty bitty girls

my 4-yo is realy small (barely in size 3 clothes), does anyone have ideas on who makes armor and/or full finger gloves for a 29 pound kid? She needs a little less pain when she crashes to really get her going.
    And at the end of the day, she smelled of dirt.

mtbr member
    I got a pair of half fingers Bontrager's for mine at my LBS. She's got tiny hands and has used the XS since about 3.5 and is now 5.5 y.o. They've saved her palms countless times. Well worth the $10-12 I paid 2 years ago. She's never hurt the tips of her fingers and she's wiped out plenty in crushed granite/concrete sidewalks. I have seen the kid's full fingers (fox iirc) on one of the mail order websites, but not that small. Cant' remember which jenson maybe pricepoint.

I was thinking once I get my kid on the trails I'm going to get her some kiddie rollerblading armor. They make that for pretty small kids and it's pretty easy to find at discount sporting goods stores.

jalopy jockey
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by texacajun

I was thinking once I get my kid on the trails I'm going to get her some kiddie rollerblading armor. They make that for pretty small kids and it's pretty easy to find at discount sporting goods stores.
    The stuff at discount stores is not meant for higher speed impact. Go to a skate shop and tell them what you want they'll have some much better stuff for not all that much more.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    My daugther is 3 1/2 and for leg armour I've been using her brother's youth small arm armour. Works very well. Haven't found anything for her arms yet but I'm not as concerned about her arms. I'm also looking for gloves. I saw some at my LBS quite a while ago but didn't buy them. Of course now they no longer stock them.

mtbr member
    Go to a motoX shop.... Plenty of selection there...

mtbr member

Full fingered gloves....

Quote Originally Posted by Fabulous
    my 4-yo is realy small (barely in size 3 clothes), does anyone have ideas on who makes armor and/or full finger gloves for a 29 pound kid? She needs a little less pain when she crashes to really get her going.
    Fox, Fly, 661 to name a couple make the real little... Any LBS should be able to order them

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Free Agent also makes some nice really small full finger gloves. I think I may even have two pairs still brand new that my girls outgrew before they even got to use them. I'll check tonight when I get home and let you know cuz they'd be plenty affordable since I can't use them anymore.

Lizard skins makes some nice leg armor for wee ones and I think it's 661 that makes body armor in small youth sizes.

Seeker of Dirt
    Thank you all so much for your help. I'd never thought about skate shops or motoX. I've had a hard enogh time finding armour for myself, being pretty small myself.

Gravity I'm interested if you still have them.
    And at the end of the day, she smelled of dirt.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I've got 'em. Send me a pm with your mailing address and I'll get them out to you.

Payment in beer when we meet someday will be fine You will need to post pics of the kid using them here though

Rollin' a fatty
    Trek makes some little hand half finger gloves, also visiting your friendly neighborhood mx shop is a great idea for the gloves and some guards.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Fox makes some really small gloves. My sons gloves are xxs kids. He is almost 3 and they fit good. He also has the Termite Pad Set, they fit great. Here is a link http://www.termiteskateboards.com/ca...fa6db2c82d6099

Here's a link for the gloves http://shop.foxracing.com/ecomm/Auto...=03176001F.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I found a pair of the Fox gloves on Saturday so my little one's hands should be safe now.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Ordered up a pair of the Fox Pee Wee gloves for my son. Thaks for the info. Any one with toddlers wearing full face helmets? Any recs? Thanks.

Birdman aka JMJ

XXS gloves

Found these today:

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/Bik...ALL%20BLK%2001

Their rep on the Where are the Best Deals" forum is a bit spotty, but at $7 (versus $20 direct from Fox)+ $6 S&H, it might be worth it.

JMJ

Birdman aka JMJ

Fox Kid's Dirtpaw/DH glove, red, XXS

Ordered 2 pair of these for my oldest daughter:

http://www.cambriabike.com/shopexd.a...ILL+GLOVE+2001

She's still too small for them, but at $5 a pair, I couldn't pass up the deal. I'm a bike fan of Fox gloves, so this was a no-brainer.

I took one pair and used a seam-ripper to remove the heavy vinyl "armor" on the back of the glove. Basically now it's very similar to a Fox Incline glove without the terrycloth on the thumb.

Now she's got a breathable XC pair and an armored DH pair.

JMJ
    Last edited by Birdman; 01-18-2010 at 07:02 AM.

Birdman aka JMJ

What the heck - elbow/arm pads

Since I was searching for this stuff anyway...

RaceFace Indy Arm pads XS Black
    http://www.ebikestop.com/raceface_in...ack-PG6890.php

JMJ

Members who have read this thread: 0