armor- Mtbr.com

Thread: armor

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

armor

looking for armor. I tried n the 661 race elbow/forearm and knee/shin. I am looking to buy from one place but trying to find out what is better and why. Looking at the 661 race or the 661 4x4/2x4 stuff. Hopefully I can get something before Wed. shuttle runs as I am getting a new tire too as I ripped a big hole in the tread.... My price list just went up..... any others I should check out and is size similar to the 661 race stuff?

EDR
    Roach/Race Face Rally F/R stuff is pretty darn popular. Must be for a reason. From what I've read it holds up well and is as comfortable as can be.

I have Rockgarden knee pads. They are fine. Don't cover the shin but that's what I wanted as I use clipless pedals so the fear of getting gashed from my pedals isn't there.. Mesh in the rear. Stay put. Hard shell over the knees. I just don't wear them very often at all. I'm sure one busted open knee would change that though.

Jenson has a killer price on RF '08 shin guards if you need medium. About 1/2 price. Not local of course.
    http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...+Armor+08.aspx

mtbr member

Dainese 3X/ Forget I have em on!!

If you want a hardshell knee and shin guard that you can pedal in with no discomfort, these are really good. Me and my girlfriend use them, and they have held up to a couple years of use and regular washings. We wear them on every ride, including XC rides. They have saved our knees from Arizona"s treacherous rocks numerous times.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I have the race face/roach knee & shin protection as well as the elbow. I wear the knee&shin on almost every ride and slap on the elbow for national and whatnot. The knee & shin is awesome. A little warm sometimes but mostly i forget i have them on. The elbow protection sucks. They always slide down, maybe it is just me, or maybe it is just elbow protection in general.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cramey
    I have the race face/roach knee & shin protection as well as the elbow. I wear the knee&shin on almost every ride and slap on the elbow for national and whatnot. The knee & shin is awesome. A little warm sometimes but mostly i forget i have them on. The elbow protection sucks. They always slide down, maybe it is just me, or maybe it is just elbow protection in general.
    It's not just you, I had the same problem with those pads. My Dainese 3X stay in place better IMO.

Members who have read this thread: 0