Anyone worn Shimano and Specialized shoes?- Mtbr.com
    bike rider

Anyone worn Shimano and Specialized shoes?

I wear a 45 in Shimanos and want to buy (online) the new S-Works MTB shoe. Wadaya recommend for sizing?
    Last edited by Lelandjt; 12-12-2009 at 12:58 AM.
    Keep the Country country.

My Dog eats poo
    May 2007
    I wear a 46 in both... same same for me.

mtbr member
    Specialized shoes are a little wider than Shimano. I used to wear half a size larger Shimanos for that reason - I don't know if there is a difference between models, though.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Been looking myself. Presently have Shimano MTB shoes, and they are wider than my Sidi Dominators in the same size 42.5 I am getting new Sidi road shoes this winter and will be ordering 42.5 as Sidi keeps there sizing true year after year no matter what materials or styling changes are made. Looked at the new BG Specialized S-works in the shop and to me they felt cheap and plasticy(if that's a word) although cheaper.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    It depends on the model of shoe.
    I have 08 Sworks with the Boa system...fit is like Sidi's....on the narrow side( which is fine for me)
    I have the next to top of the line 07 Shimano's ( carbon non custom/vacum fit) and they are wider...but not too much.They also fit a taller foot....the Sworks are smaller volume wise.
    I wear 44 in all of these.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Get the same size, the Spec. are a bit wider...good for me.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by midas
    Specialized shoes are a little wider than Shimano. I used to wear half a size larger Shimanos for that reason - I don't know if there is a difference between models, though.
    same for me. A few months back I tried both brands, and found that I was a 45 in Specialized, but 45.5 in Shimano. My feet are also a little wider than standard, and I've been very happy with the fit of the Specialized.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the thread.
    Ill be on a team that gets deal on specialized shoes.

Was wondering the same thing.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I just switched from Shimano to Specialized Pro BGs and the sizes were the same. I tried the new S-Works shoe and IIRC, I think it fit a tiny bit bigger, so I was a 42.5 instead of 43. From what the others are saying, I would go for the same size.

bike rider
    Thanks guys. These look to be the lightest shoes available with real tread so I'm all over'em.
    Keep the Country country.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    has the boa system gotten any better? I looked at a set of the SWorks shoes when they first came out, and eveyone was breaking the boa. I went with the pro-carbons instead, and have been happy with them. I wear a 46 in specialized, a 47 in shimanos.

mtbr member
    I tried on 3 different styles of Spec. shoes, all the same size, but each one fit differently.
    go figure.

Members who have read this thread: 0