Anyone sell body armor in the Capital District area?- Mtbr.com
    I wear two thongs

Anyone sell body armor in the Capital District area?

Has anyone noticed if any local shops in the Capital District area carry a line of body armor? I'm trying to think if I've seen any around but nothing comes to mind. I'm looking to get a chest protector, elbow guards and possibly some form of knee/leg protection.

So far in my riding this year I have managed to be pretty abusive to my body bumps and bruises wise and would like to protect myself before I really hurt myself. I would really like to find a store where I can try on the pads before I buy.

Thanks for your help guys.
    Hiking is just walking where its okay to pee... Sometimes old people go hiking by accident. -Demetri Martin-

I wear two thongs
    I actually ended up taking the 1.5 hr drive out to Andes NY to go to Greenfish Adventure sports to pick up some armor. It was kinda cool paying internet prices at a shop while not having to wait for shipping. They even took a few bucks off the listed website price to compensate for some of the sales tax which I thought was awesome.
    Hiking is just walking where its okay to pee... Sometimes old people go hiking by accident. -Demetri Martin-

mtbr member
    I actually talked to one of the guys on the phone when I had ordered some stuff, really cool guys. They actually do some biking about 20 - 30 minutes from my house at a ski resort that went out of business awhile ago. Internet site but still somewhat local, so that is cool. How big is their store? We've been thinking of running down there sometime because we order from them once in awhile.

I wear two thongs
    Well its basically a small storefront/office maybe room for 5 cars tops in the parking lot. Then a warehouse in the back. You use the computer in the store to pick out what you want and they retrieve it for you.

Yeah he was tellin me about the trails at Scotch Valley. I'd be interested to learn more about them.

mtbr member
    He said he would show me around sometime but it was near the end of the season and with Grad. classes starting again I never got a chance to take him up on the offer. I read an article from a local blog that there is about 30 miles of trails in that general area that have basically been going to waste - absolutely nobody is using them. The local town(s) and businesses in that area are looking into trying to identify and map all the trails to increase tourism to the area. We'll see what happens.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    As far as I know, no local store stocks it (not a 'typical' item), but most stores can get it to you in a week. I'm familiar with 661 and Rockgardn, what info are you looking for?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Hoefer
    I actually ended up taking the 1.5 hr drive out to Andes NY to go to Greenfish Adventure sports to pick up some armor. It was kinda cool paying internet prices at a shop while not having to wait for shipping. They even took a few bucks off the listed website price to compensate for some of the sales tax which I thought was awesome.

What did you end up getting?

likes bicycles
    These

<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td><a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/vitale232/Covert02?feat=embedwebsite#5327349429984043858"><i mg src="https://lh3.ggpht.com/_ERO-QdP_7PU/Se6MFMCUI1I/AAAAAAAACYk/qtTAJw1TplA/s800/P4200036.JPG" /></a></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From <a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/vitale232/Covert02?feat=embedwebsite">Covert</a></td></tr></table>

Members who have read this thread: 0