• 04-25-2004
    bagz007
    1 Attachment(s)
    Anyone here use the BELL GHISALLO helmet??
    pricepoint.com has them rather cheap at $74.99, and i decided that the giro pneumo is out of my price range for now.

Any comments or experiences about the bell ghisallo??

One more thing, my head circumference measured 56cm and Bell's sizing says :

Small: 51-55cm
    Medium: 55-59 cm

Won't three extra centimeters be enough room for the lid to bounce around and slide over my eyes?

Please educate me

Rob
  • 04-25-2004
    Ken2
    Ghisallo...
    I use the Ghisallo as a road helmet. It's light and fits great, better than the Pneumo on my head. It has an on-the-fly adjustment/tightening system which encircles the head so you shouldn't have any problems with it rattling around. Plus it looks great and the ventilation is outstanding.
  • 04-25-2004
    shiggy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bagz007
    pricepoint.com has them rather cheap at $74.99, and i decided that the giro pneumo is out of my price range for now.

Any comments or experiences about the bell ghisallo??

One more thing, my head circumference measured 56cm and Bell's sizing says :

Small: 51-55cm
    Medium: 55-59 cm

Won't three extra centimeters be enough room for the lid to bounce around and slide over my eyes?

Please educate me

Rob

I have the Ghisallo and the Bell X-Ray. The X-Ray fits me better and covers more of the sides and back of my head. I will not use the Ghisallo off road.

Also, I would not buy any helmet without trying it on first. The only Giro that fits me is the Semi. The head clamps should be used for only fine adjustment of fit. If you can slide your finger between the helmet and your head the helmet will not protect you well in a crash.