Anyone is having troubles releasing from your eggbeaters with specialized comp shoes?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Anyone is having troubles releasing from your eggbeaters with specialized comp shoes?

Hi

I have a pair of specialized comp shoes and the cleat sits a little deep in the sole so I put the spacers that come with the pedals but it`s still a little hard (harder than my old shimano`s) to release the shoe. Since there`s no "tension" adjustment, do I need to sand the sole to the point that there`s no contact between the pedal and the sole when clipped in? Or do you have any other ideas?

Thanks a lot!

bye

Mar 2005
    I have a pair of Specialized Comps and some Crank Brothers Candies (same cleat and pedal just with a lil platform) and I have absolutely no trouble unclipping.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

here are some pic

Quote Originally Posted by kris_flatlander
    I have a pair of Specialized Comps and some Crank Brothers Candies (same cleat and pedal just with a lil platform) and I have absolutely no trouble unclipping.
    Hi kris, here I posted some pictures, do you see something uncommon?

thanks

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...52#post1781752

Dec 2003
    If you are having sole interference couldn't you just trim some of the sole down? I had to do that on my Nike's when i bought some of the candy's

Mar 2005
    Well I just visited the other thread and brought my shoes up close to the screen to compare with your photo. The pictures of the cleats are exactly alike in anyway that I can tell. So I have no clue what's giving you so much trouble.

"Why I oughta..."
    I had the same issues such as couldn't clip in or out cleanly or easily. Installed extra spacers but these felt odd to me (like balancing on a golf ball). Went back to regular Eggbeaters and all is well with the same Specialized Comps.
    "Welcome to All Things Scottish, if it's not Scottish, it's craaaapp!! Can I help ye?" - Stuart Rankin

I ride a Swarf
    I used the little spacer thing...but no probs here....they did need to bed in togther a bit, but nothing that stopped me getting out easily.

My mate also doesn't have any probs with this setup.

Stu
    What exactly is a rigid hard tail?

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    My Candies were the same way with Nike shoes. I put the spacers in and they rocked real bad. Kind of like the balancing on the golfball statement. Ace hardware sells some nylon washers (they call them mylar washers) that are super thin. I used one between the cleat and shoe on each cleat screw and all was good. The washers are small enough that they fit in between the teeth on the cleat.

never ender
    another solution is to take a razor blade and cut back the tread around the cleat. I've had to do that with a couple pairs of Shimano shoes=usually about 1/8 inch is all it takes. Ideally you want your pedals as close as possible to the bottom of your feet, so if you find yourself putting in lots of spacers, this is probably the way to go.

Members who have read this thread: 0