Anyone have experience with 6d helmet?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Anyone have experience with 6d helmet?

So yesterday i got off pretty hard and smacked my head directly on a tree , i was kinda dazed . So i started thinking mips helmet , and then ran across this 6d . I watched a video on there testing and research and thought 6d is taking brain safety to a new level . I ordered one and my son n law ordered one .Has anyone been running one of these helmets and what is the feed back . It's seems the 6d tested safer .daul shell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    From what I understand they have just recently been available.
    Just tried one at a local shop the other day. Fits nice, high quality, has some sizing adjustment features, I like the technology they are using. Has a slightly bigger outer shell and is not inexpensive, but you get what you pay for!
    I really don't need a new helmet but want one of these - I may go back tonight and buy it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DonH View Post
    From what I understand they have just recently been available.
    Just tried one at a local shop the other day. Fits nice, high quality, has some sizing adjustment features, I like the technology they are using. Has a slightly bigger outer shell and is not inexpensive, but you get what you pay for!
    I really don't need a new helmet but want one of these - I may go back tonight and buy it.
    Mine should be here tomorrow , I will give some feed back . I'm like you already have 3 helmets . But for me it's time to move to something safer .. You no that saying , if you have a 5 dollar head where a 5 dollar helmet ..lol ....wasn't to bad through back country 20 percent off then active junky ... $195 delivered

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Friend of mine rides with one and he loves it. They don't make my size yet (or at least they didn't as of 2 weeks ago), so I didn't get one. Tried it on though. 2 years from now, it will probably be my next helmet. The technology seems much more advanced than the other helmets on market. Don't get me wrong, I got a MIPS helmet and am grateful for the improvement over my last lid. Still, the two shell technology with dampers between the shells in the 6D appears to be a much more effective way of managing rotational force.

mtbr member
    I have about 5 rides on my 6d , I like it . If there is a weight difference ,I don't notice ,seems to be vented enough .i agree with your thoughts on the technology , after watching the videos of the testing ,I was sold .

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Cool! Hope you never have the opportunity to rigorously test whether or not it's better than MIPS!