Anyone else having trouble with tread ripping off their L. Garneau Montana XT2s?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Anyone else having trouble with tread ripping off their L. Garneau Montana XT2s?

So, I bought a pair of Louis Garneau Montana XT2s back in July. Within a month, the tread had ripped off the front of the shoes under the toes. My LBS took my complaint and sent in for a new pair of shoes from LG. Luckily, they let me keep the damaged shoes in the meantime, because it took 2 months to get the replacement pair.

I got the new shoes just over a week ago, wore them 4 times, and the same thing is happening!! I thought perhaps the first pair was an isolated incident, but apparently not. Does anyone else have these shoes and are you experiencing this problem, or am I just incredibly rough on my shoes?? It's not like I do a ton of hike a biking... My LBS has offered to replace them again, but frankly, I don't want another pair if I'm just going to keep having the same problem.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Mine are about six weeks old and they are losing treads quickly,too. Also, I broke one of the buckles and I'm wondering if I'll be able to find a replacement. I knew I should have thrown the money down and got the Sidi's...

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I broke the buckle on my replacement pair less than a week after I finally received them!!!!!!!!!!! I sent an e-mail to LG diplomatically complaining about the quality of these shoes and asked for a replacement buckle. They sent me two. You should write and complain about the tread and the buckle as well, so that this is more widespread. Oh, and they also sent me a size bigger shoe than they were supposed to... needless to say, I am pretty unhappy. My LBS is fabulous and is getting me a pair of their top of the line mtb shoes to replace these. I sure hope they're better quality than these shoes.