Any BAD experiences with the MET parachute helmet?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2004

New question here. Any BAD experiences with the MET parachute helmet?

In my quest for a breathable fullface, the MET parachute pops up all the time, together with RUMORS of having the face protection snap and endanger the face, making it a dangerous helmet.
    Yet, after 30 minutes of searches, I haven't found any clear story in MTBR that verifies this rumor.
    So... Does anyone have such a bad experience with this helmet? Or is i just a bogus rumor on a great product?

Thanks!
    tald

May contain nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by tald
    In my quest for a breathable fullface, the MET parachute pops up all the time, together with RUMORS of having the face protection snap and endanger the face, making it a dangerous helmet.
    Yet, after 30 minutes of searches, I haven't found any clear story in MTBR that verifies this rumor.
    So... Does anyone have such a bad experience with this helmet? Or is i just a bogus rumor on a great product?

Thanks!
    tald
    Probably get better response on a Euro forum where they can actually buy these things. The German Casco Viper looks more protective and chin guard clips off without tools.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I too have been looking for an AM helmet with a face protection. I found a Euro Mag a few months back with reviews on both the MET and Viper. I agree the Viper is teh way to go. But how can we get one here in the states?

Dropzone rider
    I have the parachute and it has trouble with my safe-T twist staying in place. It gets loose after i lock it tight and does not stay in the position i put it at, it happens at the slidest movement when i ride. wearing a bandana helps, but not a 100% and can live with it since i paid $180 for it. Tried custumer service (chain reaction where i purchased it on line in uk) and The manufacture directly... No response. It supposed to have 3 yr. warranty, but appearantly not i usa...see small print on line with MET. It started about after 3 month and i ride often (3-6x week).
    Otherwise i had one crash (small jump) where i landed on the side of my face and i had good protection and was glad i had this helmet to save my chin/teeth with no scratch. Another friend that owns one has no trouble with the safe-T twist... maybe i got lemon? but not having customer service sucks! It is light and airy i have to give it that. You may also want to check with giro, they have a new one out now with a chin strap but i don't know the model name!
    “Like hell I would.”

Demon Cleaner

No problems with my MET

Works great. Love the thing. An easy to wear XC helmet with a bit extra protection. However, I have not crashed hard with it. If I was going to ride aggressive stuff, I'd want more protection.
    Bicycling is politics by other means.

Members who have read this thread: 0