another shoes question- Mtbr.com

Sep 2005

another shoes question

I got some free clipless pedals from my roomate a couple months ago and am currently looking for a set of shoes to use to ride them. Relevant info to my situation:

*poor college student (price very important, style not)
    *approx. 25 miles of trail per week, plus maybe two 20 mile road rides a month (plus commuting, but no clipless for that, have to walk alot on camus).
    *I have a wide foot - I wear size 10.5 or 11, width 2E (wide) New Balance shoes. 4E widths (extra wide), however, are definitely too wide.
    *poor/no selection of shoes to try on at LBS

So, any recommendations? Is there any company out there that is known for making a wide cycling shoe? For cheap?

One brand I figure I can already rule out is Nike, if their cycling shoes fit anything like their running shoes, they'll be too narrow.

Should I order something I've never worn off the internet, or hold out a few months till I can go to Houston and find a shop with a better selection to try on to get the best fit?

Mac

Vaginatarian
    Oct 2005
    I'd wait, unless you've tried the shoes before you never know how they will fit

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    u got dat nike pegged. i had a pair from colo cyclist ten years ago and promptly sent them back--and I have narrow feet and they were still a foot prison.

Quote Originally Posted by sac02
    I got some free clipless pedals from my roomate a couple months ago and am currently looking for a set of shoes to use to ride them. Relevant info to my situation:

*poor college student (price very important, style not)
    *approx. 25 miles of trail per week, plus maybe two 20 mile road rides a month (plus commuting, but no clipless for that, have to walk alot on camus).
    *I have a wide foot - I wear size 10.5 or 11, width 2E (wide) New Balance shoes. 4E widths (extra wide), however, are definitely too wide.
    *poor/no selection of shoes to try on at LBS

So, any recommendations? Is there any company out there that is known for making a wide cycling shoe? For cheap?

One brand I figure I can already rule out is Nike, if their cycling shoes fit anything like their running shoes, they'll be too narrow.

Should I order something I've never worn off the internet, or hold out a few months till I can go to Houston and find a shop with a better selection to try on to get the best fit?

Mac

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Lake MX101 are reasonably priced and can often be found discounted and they come in wide sizes. These are the only shoe < $200 that really fit my feet. Everything else I have to upsize to the point I'm tripping over the toes. Plus they actually look pretty casual also.
    Craig

Members who have read this thread: 0