Another need new shoes thread: clipped ins- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Another need new shoes thread: clipped ins

My old Shimanos falling apart. Looking at Shimano M200, Specialize Rime or 5 10 Maltese Falcon Race. I ride three different bikes all with Crank brothers cleats:, Mallets, Candys and egg beaters. Mostly All Mountain( I hate categories ). I do some hike a bike. Looking for durability, stiff enough to pedal, good enough for some hike a bike. Anybody have experience with any them? I'm open to suggestions. Thanks.
    Four wheels move my body Two wheels move my soul

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    In the last six months, I've owned the new Rimes, the 5.10 Maltese Falcon and Giro Terraduros (multiple pair, warranty issues).

I did not like the 5.10s at all. Period. And I'm a fan of the brand and still rock Impact lows for flats.

Terraduro. Great shoe, solid fit, Vibram sole (which is a big deal in rocky terrain). Couldn't keep the soles alive here in Phoenix. Just sold my most recent warranty replacement.

Rime: Damn, I love this shoe. Great fit, Vibram sole and my favorite Boa closure.

I quit e-MTBR
    I almost wish my 5.10s would wear out faster. I have Minnaars and Maltese Falcons. Whenever I get the bug to try out some new shoes, I can't get past the fact that the ones I have still are in great shape after two and three years of hard use. So IMO 5.10 is amazing for durability. Comfortable and grippy off the bike. "Stiff enough to pedal" depends on how you ride, but they work for me. Both are heavy, esp. the Minnaars, and they also are slow-drying so not a great choice if you ride the wet a lot.

Another one to consider is the Teva Pivot, good reviews and a huge clearance bargain now.

Lone Wolf

Cool-blue Rhythm

Specialized 2FO Clip shoes, I got the Flat version top of the forum shoe reviews.
    They ride great, on the bike they are perfect and when I get off and walk I don't even know they are anything other than a good sturdy comfortable shoe.

Mine are great, I second every single thing the review said :P
    “I seek only the Flow”,
    Climbing Is Supposed To Be Hard,
    Shut Up Legs :P