Anaheim Bike Stores with tons of Clothing- Mtbr.com

Aug 2004

Anaheim Bike Stores with tons of Clothing

I'm going to be at Disneyland with my family next month. Apart from watching my daughter enjoy herself and taking pics of her with the hawt Disney Princesses, there's not much redeeming about this trip for me. But I do have the green light to check out some bike stores while I'm there. I'll have a rental car so I can travel pretty much anywhere. I'd like to check out some clothing - both DH and XC, as well as casual stuff (hats, teeshirts, etc.). Any well stocked clothing stores come to mind? Kona dealers would be a plus.

As well - any camera stores? I've been to Samy's and was pretty happy. Anything else come to mind?

BTW - I started reading the stickie above about the LBS's, but I couldn't really get a good handle on what would be a good clothing place.

Thanks for your help.

mtbr member

Clothing

Supergo Fountain Valley WAS good but it's becoming a performance store and as of 10/16 the clothing area is fairly empty. It's possible they'll be restocked by the time you get here. Some good stuff at the Path in Tustin which is the best shop around right now. Call them in advance and they'll hook you up with a demo bike and tell you where the good local trails are while you have that rental car out an about. The family need never know you went for a ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...kona
    BTW - I started reading the stickie above about the LBS's, but I couldn't really get a good handle on what would be a good clothing place.

Thanks for your help.
    The Path sells Kona's and isn't all that far away. If you are a DH or a SS'er, they will amaze you with the selection they have. Good run of clothes too.

andy
    Always preach the Gospel; even if you need to use words.

Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by slowrider
    ...Some good stuff at the Path in Tustin which is the best shop around right now. Call them in advance and they'll hook you up with a demo bike and tell you where the good local trails are while you have that rental car out an about. The family need never know you went for a ride.
    If you think they might give me a bike, I'm all over it. It's the least my family can do for me after having to spend day after day standing in lines and walking around aimlessly with my wallet gaping open at every turn...

mtbr member

They have demos

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...kona
    If you think they might give me a bike, I'm all over it. It's the least my family can do for me after having to spend day after day standing in lines and walking around aimlessly with my wallet gaping open at every turn...
    You can look them up at www.thepathbikeshop.com or call them at 1(888)608-path and ask. It might help if you suggested you were looking for a new bike

mtbr member
    Yeah, visit the Path. Its a short drive from Anahiem, they're a Kona dealer, and they have a ton of gear in stock. They have some clothing, but its not really their focus. They also have Sunday group rides (a likely demo opportunity) and you could hit the trails at Santiago Oaks just 10 minutes from the store. If you have a little more time I recommend Aliso Woods for riding.

As for clothing, IMO its really hit or miss at all the local stores.

Old school BMXer
    While I am a fan of The Path, their clothing selection (at least a month or two ago) was dismal at best, unless you need new socks or gloves. If you're looking for hard parts, you won't find a better bicycle jewelry store (in the states - I found The Path's rival in Japan who has the same amount of trick mtb stuff, but also has trick BMX stuff).

Members who have read this thread: 0