AM Gloves- Mtbr.com

Thread: AM Gloves

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

AM Gloves

Looking for a good pair of AM gloves. I've been riding with half-finger gloves and I think it's time to go for some full-fingered gloves- preferably fox or sixsixone but I am open to suggestions. I just want to be able to find them locally so I can try them on before I buy. My riding is a bit more on the XC side of AM but some of it gets a little nasty. Thanks in advance

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Is this another floor pump thread? Just buy some gloves that fit and cover your whole hand, you will go through a pair every few months if you ride a bunch so don't get too involved in which gloves to buy.

I just look for some that say they are AM specific, nothing less.

mtbr member
    go too the dirt bike shop, gloves are cheaper and generally last longer than mtb gloves.

s62
    mtbr member
    I like my Rockgardn FATE Carbon gloves, but to each his own. They may be mildly overkill for AM, but then again, not for me. I love 'em. Another option is the Ergon series for super comfy and nice gloves.

Jun 2007
    i'm rockin the Spesh Enduro full fingers at the moment. No gel in them, just leather. They feel great. I do like fingerless once in a while so i have some spesh with the gel in them, and there actually VERY coomfortable. Depends on the mood though.

Feb 2006
    Personally, I love the Fox digits. Just don't forget to soak them in some Mountain Dew before you ride.

I already rode that
    Just ride with your hands bare as thats the sign of a true AM'er as anything on them is just a sign of a poseur.
    Riding F/S since oct 94'

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Maybe I could just forget the gloves and soak my hands in Dew before I ride..

mtbr member

gloves

Go to the all your local LBS's and try them on.I've had good luck with the last Fox gloves I got.Been wearing them for 2 years almost everyday.You might want to get a light color for summer.
    PS
    I wear the same gloves in the dead of winter with liners.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I went to 7 LBS's and wound up coming home to order some unabombers through the mail. Thanks for the help

s62
    mtbr member
    Unabombers look good. I almost bought those instead of my FATE's... let me know how they turn out!
    09 Specialized Enduro SL Expert
    w/ E150 and Command Post

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by haberd
    Looking for a good pair of AM gloves. I've been riding with half-finger gloves and I think it's time to go for some full-fingered gloves- preferably fox or sixsixone but I am open to suggestions. I just want to be able to find them locally so I can try them on before I buy. My riding is a bit more on the XC side of AM but some of it gets a little nasty. Thanks in advance
    Dakine cross x

These gloves are super comfy, not bulky lot allot of Am/FR gloves, I wear em DJ, trail FR DH been very surprised on there durability but there comfort is amazing will be getting more of these for sure
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

banned
    Maybe I could just forget the gloves and soak my hands in Dew before I ride..
    That works too. After you do that, get your hands safety wired to the bars. I mean... if you want to be core then suss it out.

Jul 2007

gnuH
    Quote Originally Posted by trailadvent
    Dakine cross x

These gloves are super comfy, not bulky lot allot of Am/FR gloves, I wear em DJ, trail FR DH been very surprised on there durability but there comfort is amazing will be getting more of these for sure
    Do they let you scratch your AM builders crack peeking out of your stubbies?

fux
    Scooterist
    I have used dyno bmx gloves for years but they started smelling pretty bad so I now use race-face dh gloves. They seem to be tough but I have only used them for a couple of rides.

Jul 2007
    Too much time spent worrying about gloves, get out and ride!!!!

mtbr member

New question here.

What AM toilet paper should I use after I take my AM dump?
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

Motion activated
    Quote Originally Posted by jugdish
    What AM toilet paper should I use after I take my AM dump?
    Anything two ply and in your case you should just use a single sheet. 27 sheets is overkill for you, making the whole experience too easy.
    Last edited by Steve71; 07-16-2007 at 11:01 AM.
    Happiness is a warm 2 stroke.

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Can we please make a sticky or just get another board for all of the "What (insert noun that is completely non-AM specific, such as saddle, jersey, socks, gloves, computer, sports drink, shorts, etc.) should I get for AM?" questions?

Seriously, use whatever you like for AM or XC. Falls scape up your hands either way. I think the half finger/full finger really comes down to which is more comfortable for you. When it's hot I like half-finger, when it's a little more chilly I go full fingered.

I like the Fox the best out of the ones I tried on because I like ones that are not bulky.

Carb free mofo
    Dec 2006
    buy some mittens and try and get some go faster stripes on them and you will be a better rider.

s62
    mtbr member
    Easy solution: don't click on the offending thread.
    w/ E150 and Command Post

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve71
    Anything two ply and in your case you should just use a single sheet. 27 sheets is overkill for you, making the whole experience too easy.
    How true!

Quote Originally Posted by s62
    Easy solution: don't click on the offending thread.
    What do you mean "offending"? Some of the funniest threads going right here.
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

Motion activated
    Quote Originally Posted by jugdish
    How true!
    And come to think of it you should go rigid! A single rigid piece of cardboard for you.
    Happiness is a warm 2 stroke.

40 & Fast
    I was goin to be a wiseass and say welding gloves; but seriously I wear mechanics gloves for biking. I watch the hardware stores and can inveriably find them on sale for $15 or less. There are many different styles some of which mimic riding gloves. Look for the impact gloves as they are padded for vibration absorbtion like the spendy bike gloves.

Any real AM rider uses tree bark for TP.
    Ride hard, Drag the broken pieces back, Share lusty tales of adventure & Tell everyone, " I almost stuck the landing".

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    another ridiculous post by another goon rider

next you'll be asking us which color is the best for AM riding

sheesh
    "He can make even a global summit meeting seem like a kegger." M. Dowd, NY Times, 19 July 2006

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantane
    next you'll be asking us which color is the best for AM riding

sheesh
    I think that has already been covered, and the answer is pretty obvious, anyway.

s62
    mtbr member
    I just want to reiterate, my FATE's have been the BEST glove I'm laid hand in. I was out riding yesterday, and was really really happy with them. They breath so well, with the airmesh literally allowing me to feel the breeze over my fingers, but they are tough as hell. Stripped several thorny branches, devil's club, took a few heavy falls... They took it all, no problem, and made my ride better altogether. And maybe I'm just lucky, but I've never had a better fit. W00T for these things.
    w/ E150 and Command Post

Apr 2007
    Fox Dirtpaw gloves are cheap and work well. Don't know quite what an "AM glove" consists of but....

Members who have read this thread: 0