AM/FR leather gloves- Mtbr.com
    free
    Jun 2009

AM/FR leather gloves

I am looking for some am/fr leather gloves. Any suggestions?

Master of the Universe!
    Apr 2008
    I use the Fox Dirt Paw gloves. Not exactly "leather" per se but they are similar to their MX gloves.

mtbr member
    I use an inexpensive pair of alpine star motorcycle gloves...I think "mx" is the model have good leather palms for protection but suede fingers for grip. Not very warm though.

Mine are like an older model of these http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/...s--615311.html

the test dummy
    gloves are just one more thing i find unnecessary, just get good grips.
    Quote Originally Posted by craftworks750
    Riding a mtb is like a reset button, 10 mins in and there is nothing else in the world that matters.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

mtbr member
    Thor Moto gloves are what I've had for several years now. They outlast Fox's stuff by years. I like my gloves to fit tight. No calluses or blisters when you wear tight gloves. Loose gloves bunch up where your fingers attach to your palm and cause blisters. In my case and several others I know, the Fox ones fell apart after about a month of use. My buddy's don't get the tightest ones, but they fell apart too. 3 years on Thor's stuff and two pair of gloves. One for DH and the other for XC. ttyl, Fahn
    Hubbard Bike Club

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    check the giro monaco LF out. a "road" glove but nice leather palm. great feel.

Master of the Universe!
    Apr 2008
    I like the Thor MX gloves too. At least the ones that do not have the velcro strap around the wrist. They are a pain to get on and off until they break in but then they conform nicely.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    i get fox unibombers and use thm for everything,even op the roadbike,but i think my mtbing counts mostly as freeride, i usually buy two pairs at a time i just got a set of white ones, they geta little smugged , the unibombers have carbon protection on the outside fingers.

free
    Jun 2009
    Thanks for the help! AlpineStars Hero gloves look so good to me. Especially now for winter. Anything similar to those?

Members who have read this thread: 0