AM clothing?- Mtbr.com

Thread: AM clothing?

mtbr member

AM clothing?

What and where to you guys get your shirts, shorts, and shoes for AM riding? Looking for something with a budget in mind but I would like to have some good quality shorts for sure.
    Trek Fuel EX8
    Full XT cockpit
    Thompson X4 Elite Stem
    Easton Haven Carbon Handlebars / Seatpost

mtbr member
    I highly recommend Hoss Ponderosa shorts. I've tried fox, oakley, etc... and these just fit the best. I have 3 pair now and have ended my search for the ultimate short. They are just the right length so they don't bind up on your knees when pedaling. The best part - they are cheap. They run small so a size L fits my 32 inch waist.

For shirts, I just get $10 "Starter" brand shirts from wal-mart. They are wicking, fit great, and are cheap.

Shoes? I used to ride SIDI's. Screw that. I now use Shimano MT41s. More comfortable, better for hiking, and safer (I feel way less likely to roll my ankle when jumping off the bike). I will preach these shoes until I'm blue in the face. Maybe if I decide to race I'll go back to the "dirt-roadie" type of shoe. Give' em a try. Again, they are relatively cheap!

I hope that helps. Good luck.

squish is good
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowhuntmaster
    AM clothing
    I got some badass AM socks, but I'm not telling you where I got them .

Bike good, work bad.

Jun 2008
    let's see, I've got various pairs of shorts that I bought just because I've tried on and liked them. I never wear a shirt because the ladies think my camelback tan is sexy, and I wear nike shoes.

Members who have read this thread: 0