Alternatives to the Bontrager RL Fusion Glove?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Alternatives to the Bontrager RL Fusion Glove?

I have been riding with the Bontrager RL Fusion gloves, they were my first real MTB gloves after my mechanics gloves got too nasty. I gave them to a friend because the fit wasn't great and the seams were both poorly placed and large enough that they were really annoying. Despite that though Im starting to regret giving them away because I can't find anything else that is comparable in the price range. Im looking for a glove that has really all the same features of this glove in about the same price range- gel on the palms, velcro closure, breathable mesh panels and leather/suede on the palms. Here is the glove's page on Bonty's website- Bontrager: RL Fusion GelFoam Full Finger (Model #08730)

Im about ready to pull the trigger and get these gloves again, despite their flaws, just because I have yet to find anything that has what I want. The RockGardn Karma is the closest I have found as it has everything except the gel padding, but that gel padding on the RL Fusions was really nice. Im looking to spend about $40, which is the MSRP of the RL Fusion, but Im willing to invest a bit more if needed. Anyone know of anything that would meet my want list for gloves?

More Human Than Human
    Have you checked out the following for 1/4th of the price?

Custom Leathercraft 125M Handyman Flex Grip Work Gloves
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand."
    -Confucius

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Nope, haven't seen those yet, thanks for the suggestion. Im assuming you use these? How is the fit, breathability and padding on the palm?

More Human Than Human
    Quote Originally Posted by SDKmann View Post
    Nope, haven't seen those yet, thanks for the suggestion. Im assuming you use these? How is the fit, breathability and padding on the palm?
    I have recently purchased them from Amazon to back up my 2.5 yrld Fox MTB gloves. I have not taken them out for rides yet but the fit is tight but comfortable and flexible. With time they will break-in and feel better. Padding is equal to my Fox MTB gloves but additionally have padding on the knuckles. It appears to be almost as breathable as the Fox but will let you know when I take them out for rides on hot/warm South Florida weather. For the price you can't go wrong IMHO.
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand."
    -Confucius

Members who have read this thread: 0